584,865 active members*
4,983 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: long chang machinery mill

> Since I have the attention of some LC-30A users, does anyone know the specs of the original drawbar? And where to get a replacement? Or if another make's drawbar fits? Found my one is a home made brazed-together Frankenstein.... It's about 16 3/4"...

The original 'drawbar' in mine is a long bolt with a normal hex head (not a tall head like most mills have), and is hardly a fine example of the toolmaker's art.... it's a bolt, a black iron rusty grimy bolt bolt.

wazza187 Guest

The original 'drawbar' in mine is a long bolt with a normal hex head (not a tall head like most mills have), and is hardly a fine example of the toolmaker's art.... it's a bolt, a black iron rusty grimy bolt bolt.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Good to know!
    I ended up using some high-tensile all-thread with a couple of nuts + perm loctite on the end.
    Good to know that it's prob no worse than the stock part.

after posting I went back and looked closer - mine's been made by welding a piece of rod in the shaft of a bolt.

I assure you, a couple of nuts and some all-thread, high tensile or no, is def. better than the original part.

HI all, I can buy a LC-15A, anyone has a figure on the gross weight?
    would appreciate any help.

Quote Originally Posted by wazza187 View Post
    Wow, Long Chang themselves responded to an email and sent me a scan of a (30 yo?) manual! I'll post it here since this is one of the few threads I've found regarding this LC-30A mill, it's also for the LC-15A mill..
    Hey Wazza. Thanks so very much for posting this manual up for us. I have just joined this forum because Im about to by a very tidy LC15a complete with loads tooling from my uncle here in NZ. It'll go nicely with my old Colchester. Im sure he'll have a manual but I wanted to locate one before I get down to pick it uo.

I think I'll be having a good browse over these forums for some CNC info for the future too.
    Cheers
    alex

Amazing!
    Thanks for posting this.
    Just bought one for $400.00 with loads of attachments and rotary table.
    Only needs a good vise and the stand is on order.
    Can't wait to play with it - an oldie but goodie.
    Who knows - maybe a CNC conversion soon.
    Cheers
    Chuck

Hi Wazza187. I have just joined the forum and downloaded your manual. Thanks very much for making it available.
    My Father-in-law has recently passed on and jas left a garage stocked with machineing equuipment including a Long Cheng LC-15A with many accessories.
    Mother-in-law wants it gone so I am looking for a market for LC-15A and two lathes. Any takers out there????

Alias qzy4ws. Real name Warren

Wow, Long Chang themselves responded to an email and sent me a scan of a (30 yo?) manual! I'll post it here since this is one of the few threads I've found regarding this LC-30A mill, it's also for the LC-15A mill..

wazza187 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by qzy4ws View Post
    Hi Wazza187. I have just joined the forum and downloaded your manual. Thanks very much for making it available.
    My Father-in-law has recently passed on and jas left a garage stocked with machineing equuipment including a Long Cheng LC-15A with many accessories.
    Mother-in-law wants it gone so I am looking for a market for LC-15A and two lathes. Any takers out there????

Alias qzy4ws. Real name Warren
    Glad others have found it useful!
    To be honest there isn't a whole lot to the manual, but good to have.

I'm sure eBay, Craigslist, Gumtree or maybe there is a for sale section here, but firstly, where are you? I'm in Australia...

I am in Wellington, NZ.
    Do you have LC-15A specifications? Like motor HP, table travel, etc (stuff I can put in an advert?)

Glad others have found it useful!
    To be honest there isn't a whole lot to the manual, but good to have.

I'm sure eBay, Craigslist, Gumtree or maybe there is a for sale section here, but firstly, where are you? I'm in Australia...

For Sale Long Chang LC-15A Mill Drill
    Located in Plimmerton, Wellington, NZ.
    I am interested in selling this Mill Drill and also two lathes (one is believed to be a SinoMech C0630 and a very early H Milne lathe. (Probably a museum piece).

Contact Warren on +644-2399861
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LC-15A Mill Drill Face Plate IMG_20170320_164647229.jpg  

Thank you!!

Resurrecting an old post! Ive jist acquired an LC-15a and a copy of that manual would be great!...the attaxhment has since been archived...do you still have it by any chance?

OK, I know this is an old thread, but hoping someone can help me. I've got the use of a LC-15a and would love to know when it was made. Is there anyway to find this out, perhaps by using the serial number?

I bought mine a year ago. Paid $800 cdn, not many for sale that can compare for that price.

Since then, I have made a few items out of aluminum, no sweat. Fairly accurate for my needs. Found the manual on line, (google LC-15 filetype : pdf (no spaces in the semicolon))

I'm currently adding a DRO and using the mill to make the standoffs. The base is cast and not too hard to drill or tap. Now I'm looking for a rotary table and have some MT3 heads that I picked up on ebay needing a metric draw bar?? I'm going to make one. I also recently picked up a King 9x20 lathe (1992 year similar to the grizzly 4000) so I'm covered for now.

it's a decent enough mill for under 1000 ... the round headstock leaves a little to be desired, but easy enough to cnc ... i only paid 300 for mine but had to pay another 100 for some guys to bring it down to ground level [long story] ..
    worked well enough for the time i had it .. not sure if i have a pdf of the LC-15 manual for it though

Page 2 of 2 12