I haven't been able to find much on the CNC lathes distributed by Bolton Tools / Toolots. As much as I hate to say it, I'm considering one of their machines for a number of reasons.

I could purchase a older used Japanese / Taiwanese CNC lathe, but there are a lot of pitfalls there regarding condition, potential for replacement of expensive eletronics, etc. Also, the shear weight of some of the turning centers and their power requirements really do not make it feasible for my shop.

I've looked at more supposedly reputable companies selling what appears to be very similar machines (for more than double the price) that provide "support", only to find people complaining of the terrible and non-existent support they provide.

Now I'm seriously considering one of their CNC lathes, specifically the Kimhoo TF8L lathe with the GSK 980 TDc control. I've heard decent things about the GSK control, just not much on the lathe itself. After looking around extensively, it seems that this same lathe or some re-badged version of it is distributed by many of the higher priced "reputable" companies. After speaking with them (Bolton), it seems they have most of the parts in stock. I've even called posing as a customer with the same lathe seeking a specific part, and they were very helpful.

Any thoughts on this lathe or input on Bolton / Toolots?