585,719 active members*
4,415 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > CNC Swiss Screw Machines > Cincom L25 E20 Over Run ERR when transferring from PC to machine

Lightbulb Cincom L25 E20 Over Run ERR when transferring from PC to machine

Good afternoon.

I have been tasked with trying to get a Cincom L25 CNC machine to talk to an existing windows PC.

I can send text files from the Machine to the PC just fine, but when I try to send any file back the progress bar will get stuck in the same position and the display on the L25 will state E20 Over Run Error.

I have fiddled with just about every setting possible, but I am stumped and hoping that one of you lovely lot may have come across a similar problem, or direct me.

The PC communicated via the serial port with other devices, so I have sort of counted that out.

I have added a few pics to explain my situation.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Software being used is called Terminal

Re: Cincom L25 E20 Over Run ERR when transferring from PC to machine

Have you tried slowing your baud rate down? The older machines don't seem to like the higher baud rates. I've only used Win CNC to transfer files to our L4 32 that we used to have. ---- John :cheers:

Re: Cincom L25 E20 Over Run ERR when transferring from PC to machine

Quote Originally Posted by jptech View Post
    Have you tried slowing your baud rate down? The older machines don't seem to like the higher baud rates. I've only used Win CNC to transfer files to our L4 32 that we used to have. ---- John :cheers:
    Hi John.

Thanks for the advice I will give that a try with the "terminal" software they have installed.

I did however get it working fully and communicating in both directions with a Trial version on Alkatec CNC Wizard 2016. This costs £800+ for the full version, so I would rather try and get the other software sorted.

At least I now know its not a communication issue.

Thanks very much for getting back to me. I will report back if and when I managed to get the comms working with the other software.

Cheers.

James.