584,833 active members*
5,737 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SprutCAM > sprutcam9 all post license is expired issue

sprutcam9 all post license is expired issue

any one else have this issue before? spent hours with tormach on the phone, they cant do anything until Monday, so I'm dead in the water all weekend which is when I work in my shop. the guys at tormach say its not a license expired issue, but that's what the error says.

sorry if this comes across as blunt, but I'm very frustrated right now, seems really ****ty when the "fix" is to upgrade software, spend another pile of $$ on software, I started with sprutcam8, upgraded to sprutcam9 all post, and now this BS.

any other alternatives out there besides sprutcam?????

thanks guys

Re: sprutcam9 all post license is expired issue

Most folks seem to have moved to Fusion 360. Most users probably do both CAD and CAM with it, but you might able to use it only for CAM. I've never used it that way so that's more of a guess than solid advice.

Forgot to mention that you might be able to download the demo version of the current SprutCAM version from either the SprutCAMAmerica in the US or the Sprut Technology site in Russia as a way to get temporary access to Sprut for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHenry View Post
    Most folks seem to have moved to Fusion 360. Most users probably do both CAD and CAM with it, but you might able to use it only for CAM. I've never used it that way so that's more of a guess than solid advice.
    I would agree, The cost to keep up to date is hard to justify unless your running a solid business. I went the distance this year and upgraded both cad and cam $oftware. I will use this for the next few years most likely not upgrading more then one more time. Get as much as I can out of it. Then migrate to an all in one solution that is less costly. I must say I can draw amazing stuff with little effort making the cost for the cad upgrade less painful.

Ok, update.

So my sprutcam 9 allpost had the box checked to get updates from sprutcam, and apparently the update did something that wrecked my machine profiles and that was my issue, even though the ctual error said my license was expired.

So I’m back up and running, very thankful I didn’t have to upgrade and spend more $$

Just wanted to update this post Incase someone else runs across this same issue

Quote Originally Posted by TPR View Post
    Ok, update.

So my sprutcam 9 allpost had the box checked to get updates from sprutcam, and apparently the update did something that wrecked my machine profiles and that was my issue, even though the ctual error said my license was expired.

So I’m back up and running, very thankful I didn’t have to upgrade and spend more $$

Just wanted to update this post Incase someone else runs across this same issue
    I use the current version of Sprutcam and have update problems that frustrate me to no end. Silly me I took the chance on installing current update this weekend and it stopped in the middle but not before deleting Sprutcam. This should not be such a problem and I cant figure out why one time it works fine and next time I spend a couple hours fixing software. Jacob provided a new install file system a few weeks ago when this happened and that quickly fixed the problem. Anyway, going to avoid updating from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindew View Post
    I use the current version of Sprutcam and have update problems that frustrate me to no end. Silly me I took the chance on installing current update this weekend and it stopped in the middle but not before deleting Sprutcam. This should not be such a problem and I cant figure out why one time it works fine and next time I spend a couple hours fixing software. Jacob provided a new install file system a few weeks ago when this happened and that quickly fixed the problem. Anyway, going to avoid updating from now on.
    Does Tormach recommend installing the SprutCAM updates? I thought on the older versions they said not to. I just upgraded to the latest version and I see there are updates available but I have avoided them not knowing if they would mess things up.

Tormach does recommend upgrading. I've had zero issues with it from SprutCAM 10 on.

And $250 for a new version of software is hardly pricy. That is a downright steal for what SprutCAM does. The pasture is not always greener as well as I found out...

Quote Originally Posted by Phillyb24 View Post
    Tormach does recommend upgrading. I've had zero issues with it from SprutCAM 10 on.

And $250 for a new version of software is hardly pricy. That is a downright steal for what SprutCAM does. The pasture is not always greener as well as I found out...
    I agree +1 the reason I keep it updated and I pay to play. Sprutcam has improved a great deal. And I have time invested in it also. As I kind of mentioned , I don't blame it all on them or me. its inconsistent and I have issues with the my new cad software install and updates also. My solution is to reserve things like software updates for days when I'm looking for trouble.

someone sold sprutcam v11.5 in youtube, anyone buy it even?

https://youtu.be/FWS3_GX1i0g

I had 2 sprutcam 11.0 license files to sell, anyone needs it pls PM me.
    my workshop closed few years.so need to sell these.thanks.

if everyone has interest pls contact me. my email: joejoelee#yeah.net replace # to @

hello, what was the reason to sell sprutcam? what other cam do you use now, and what is the advantage?

1hello, what was the reason to sell sprutcam? what other cam do you use now, and what is the advantage?

3hello, what was the reason to sell sprutcam? what other cam do you use now, and what is the advantage?