585,715 active members*
3,785 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > 7 Axis Swiss Mill-Turn (DIY)
Page 8 of 8 678
    What do tariffs have to do with aluminum? Or why are they trying to buy aluminum from China? It’s junk! I buy aluminum all the time at $3/lb even Fortal and they could buy Fortal if needed. When you manufacture a machine like this you price based off retail costs and any wholesale pricing you get is profit in the bank you don’t presume you will get a big savings and find out you got log jammed. Something to be said about having business experience. Look at all the wealthy business men who have people buying disposable items and they pay without thought. It is the business man not the product that makes the business counter to what people may believe.

Quote Originally Posted by CL_MotoTech View Post
    The 10% tariff on aluminum began in March 2018 and the kickstarter ended May 18th, 2018. The 25% tariff on Chinese Aluminum started in May of 2019, while the tariffs on Mexican and Canadian on aluminum were eliminated all together.

I'm not saying the tariffs didn't hurt, but the time line doesn't exactly add up.

I have bought quite a bit number of steppers and drivers as well as imported a BLDC in the last five years, prices in my opinion are not much higher than they were, but I'm not buying 500 of each so maybe I might not be noticing the difference.

Link to latest update - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2512698

I agree with your assertion below that pricing really hasn’t changed. This looks like bad money management. Lots of things to consider when running a business.

Not sure where you are coming from I have only been supportive of the project, under funded from the start has nothing to do with me just your and his bad judgment, using the tariff thing is total Bs I'm in manufacturing and have not seen very much change that would affect a project like this, buying large amounts of material and electronics is still a buyer's market, and there are deals to be made, which will still be at a better price even with any tariff's added, I buy materials aluminum / steel / electrical and electronics parts every week so know what's up with the market

Just check the retail pricing of his materials ( not discounted ) from when he started and the price of the same items today, open your eyes

Page 8 of 8 678