585,573 active members*
3,659 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

epilog legend 32

Hi Guys/Gals, i found a 2000 Epilog legend 32 laser that the guy bought brand new for 26,000 back in july 2000, it was updated in 2010 and has the vectric table and turn table for bottles etc.. price is 3200. good or bad ? i looked @ the laguna for 3900. i want to engrave wood, glass, acrylic. is the epilog to old for the price ? as i understand it works perfectly... thanks, Jim [email protected]

Re: epilog legend 32

Can you see it in action and bring some test pieces?

Quote Originally Posted by jgstang View Post
    Hi Guys/Gals, i found a 2000 Epilog legend 32. price is 3200. good or bad?
    Not bad. Some old but Epilogs are high class. All depends upon a laser power and overall condition.
    CNC lasers, constructions, service

Quote Originally Posted by cinematic2 View Post
    Not bad. Some old but Epilogs are high class. All depends upon a laser power and overall condition.
    its a 40w and they say it works really good, the condition looks very good and taken care of.. yes i'm going to run a test piece before a deal. I had talked to a epilog tect and of course the guy said that its too old and no parts are avalible for it so it might be a paper weight! they just want you to buy a new one... but if it works very nice and all looks good with the extra's its not bad for the price ?

so this compared to a new laguna for 4. of course the laguna table is 12x20 compared to the epilog 18x32 sounds better anyways... thanks

Was just checking out the Fullspectrum H-series 2012 for 3400. they claim their the best bench top laser for the money... is the Epilog that good of a machine that for a 2000 model its just as exspensive for a used one. i know the Epilog is big bucks new.. thanks

Laguna is cheap for a reason. They buy Chinese's lasers and slap stickers on them. Look up Bodor lasers. Anything Laguna sells they sell too.

ok i get that, i mean laguna for 3900. new it can't be too awesome! so i guess the epilog isn't worth the 3200 for its age ? i guess it being 18 years old isn't too good probably..

Wow, just read MichaelMsg problems with Laguna... well if this 2000 Epilog lengend 32 machine carves nice with a test piece and looks to be in kept up condition the question becomes... to buy or not to buy! just not sure what to do, is the Fullspectrum co. just a middle man too ? thanks

Wow, just read MichaelMsg problems with Laguna... well if this 2000 Epilog lengend 32 machine carves nice with a test piece and looks to be in kept up condition the question becomes... to buy or not to buy! just not sure what to do, is the Fullspectrum co. just a middle man too ? thanks
    Are you joking or mad? 1 old Epilog is better than 10 new Fullspectrums.

Oh probably alittle of both.... more mad/crazy i'd say! well now you have me thinking again, just maybe the 18 year old Epilog is woth it than! look i'm kinda new @ this, i like how detailed the laser engraves than ran across this one and was not sure because of its age... But knowing it cost 26,000 new told that it must be a good machine and some threads i've read here have said good things about epilog. see i restore classic mustangs and build houses but the mustangs get warn out like anything else machanical.. so i thought as fast as those lasers work, man they must wear out after time and i don't want a paper weight! but i guess you you think the epilog is a good machine and thats what i wanted to here and thank you for your input. here is what i have been told, he bought it new for 26k in 2000 and its been taken care of but its has been used for a business so its been worked alot! 2nd it works off of corel draw,it has new belts, it comes with extra's like the bottle deal and i get to test it before a deal.. i guess i've been watching to many youtube vidios because all the smaller table top lasers seem to work nice. i've been useing a cnc router for awhile and when i saw what the laser does i thought holy crap what a super detailed and awesome job they do so now of course i want a laser!! thanks

got a question.. this epilog works off of corel, they also said it has a usb port to work off of, if i have a project say from vcarve pro and put that in the laser port would the machine engrave it or does it know ? just asking because i don't know and corel is another 500. thanks

- - - Updated - - -

got a question.. this epilog works off of corel, they also said it has a usb port to work off of, if i have a project say from vcarve pro and put that in the laser port would the machine engrave it or does it know ? just asking because i don't know and corel is another 500. thanks

I need help to deside on this one guys.... should i get it or should i pass! sorry for being a PITA, you guys know your machines and i don't so i just don't know if this is a good deal or not ?? thanks

Just talked to Epilog and they say this machine will not work with my woindows 10 computer 64 bit, i need an older 32 bit system only 100.. i need corel 500. and not vcarve pro witch i have.. they don't carry any parts for the older legends and if i find them are quite pricey, yes its a great machine but no parts, he will supply part#s for me if i need something though. the tube is atleast 8 years old and its between 1-2,000 so i don't think this machine is really worth it to me.. i guess i will think on it dang it!! he was saying just a new y axis is probably 1200. if you can find it.. my luck would be to have it work great for a week then boom... repairs maybe get a really cheap one to get my feet wet. anyways i'm trying to be smart this time instead of just jumping into it! thanks guys

I know i'm all over the place on this but i just talked to another epilog dealer, he said first that its a really high class machine and if i test piece works good and clean there is no reason to think that it will stop working! yes the y motor is a killer if it gos out but that is not common at all. a new tube is around 9-1100. if needed but it might last for years still since it was replaced in 2010 ? an upgrade 40 is 1400. but will only cut up to 3/8 so a 30 is fine for me, but all in all if the machine looks good and taken care of and not a mess and the test is good its a deal and even better with all the extra's it comes with so dang it i think i'm going to get it... oh and he said that vectric/vcarve should work with it, as long as i have a 32 bit computer and my software will print it it should be fine... guess the worst is i get corel software. he was really saying that you can't go wrong with an epilog, they are that well built! thanks

I'm picking the machine up tomorrow, is there anything i should be looking out for during the test piece is being done or anything else ? thanks

I'm picking the machine up tomorrow, is there anything i should be looking out for during the test piece is being done or anything else ? thanks
    Test piece. Engrave.
    Full cut through. Max thickness wood, leather, plastic....
    Bottle demo is must.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well did a test engrave on 1/8" acrylic, 1/4" parical board and piece of thin coated black brass... did really nice clean work! but when we tried to cut the 1/8" acrylic it took 4 pass's so i'm thinking on it.did not test the bottle rotary.. i'm going to call epilog to see if it can be upgraded to like 40 or 50 watt for thicker cutting ? but it did engrave really nice to me. last thing i did not like is the led screen was very faded, hard to see.. theres a guy in the UK that sell new display screens for it 299. so i'm really un-desided about it right now, i really want it to cut a 1/4" acrylic but if it took 4 pass's for 1/8' well.... probably ain't going to happen. i'll post what it did do if it matters ??? thanks

My cheap 50W Chinese eBay laser (which is actually an over-spec'd 40W tube) cuts through 1/4" acrylic easily in 1 pass, so taking 4 passes to cut 1/8" acrylic sounds like the tube is dying.

...1/8" acrylic it took 4 pass's...
    4 pass's means nothing without knowing what`s speed

Page 1 of 2 12