584,805 active members*
4,854 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > CamWorks > Trying to build a tool list in technology database

Exclamation Trying to build a tool list in technology database

Does anyone have any helpful tips with building a tooling database within CamWorks technology database. I have started building some endmills into it and I am wondering if there is a way to move the order of them around so they will go in order of tool numbers I have. Or is there a way to copy or move tool data lines so I could manually insert new lines or put them into order?

Re: Trying to build a tool list in technology database

Good Morning. You may be confusing a tool database with machine tool cribs. The tools you build via Solidworks or some other CAD program can be put in your tool database and will go into order after the last tool in the database that comes with CAMWorks. Tool numbers are then assigned when you build a tool crib for a particular machine. Not sure I am explaining that well... but, the "number" in the tool database is for database processing needs. You can build and modifiy tool cribs for your machine and assign what ever numbers you want.
    Mark

If you right click on the first box showing the diameter, you can sort smallest to largest, etc... (edit: this is in the Technology Database not the tool crib)

Quote Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
    Good Morning. You may be confusing a tool database with machine tool cribs. The tools you build via Solidworks or some other CAD program can be put in your tool database and will go into order after the last tool in the database that comes with CAMWorks. Tool numbers are then assigned when you build a tool crib for a particular machine. Not sure I am explaining that well... but, the "number" in the tool database is for database processing needs. You can build and modifiy tool cribs for your machine and assign what ever numbers you want.
    Mark
    Ok, thanks for the info!