585,676 active members*
5,375 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > rpm fluctuation after crash

rpm fluctuation after crash

I finally had my first crash with my Fadal, got lazy and complacent, loaded a new program that I was pretty sure was just fine without watching the first tool run, turned my back and it rammed the tool and holder into an aluminum fixture. I heard it and tried to stop it, but I think it alarmed out before I could stop it. Killed the tool and holder, but think everything else is fine, EXCEPT I shut the machine down and restarted it to run a tool path that takes the tool up to 8000rpm and notice the rpm fluctuated not dramatically, but noticeable.

Now I am not sure where to look first, but do notice that the light inside the machine seems to dim at the same time, and this has been happening more and more often, so guessing and praying that maybe power supply? I am just so bummed as I finally have some parts that make me a profit, a small one, but at least a profit, and now it all just goes down the drain and I work for free again.......

any pointers to ideas to look at?

Anyone looking for a t813 single phase transformer for there dc servo fadal? I have one that was bought new from ITS, yours for $300 plus shipping so I can afford a new power supply

Re: rpm fluctuation after crash

can you post a video of what it looks and sounds like? is the rpm on the screen fluctuating?

Check the belts and tensioner system for something loose or missing.

The RPM on the screen does not fluctuate, but don't think it shows anything but what is commanded as it does not have rigid tapping so not sure if it actually shows true rpm. It has been running fine for the last week, so really thinking power supply, which I have a new one, but need time to install it.

thanks to all for the help

Not sure of your situation but since you have the single phase transformer you could try wiring it in and see if that fixes your issue if not then it probably not the transformer.

Sir, I would be interested in the single phase transformer that you have. $300 is a fair deal. Let's make plans for me to buy it from you. As far as the spindle fluxuations go, I would check your spindle encoder. It will be either a us Digital which you can take apart and clean. Or you have an Accu-coder, it is sealed and you will need to replace it. The fluctuations are due to either the spindle drive itself or the spindle encoder. Let me know if I can help further.

FadalCNC.com

Sorry, did not notice this reply, if you still want it, please pm me and we can setup the sale of the transformer. Any way to tell if it is the drive or encoder?