584,863 active members*
4,766 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Other Machines > Engraving Machines > Retired engraver with Newing-Hall system - what are my options?

Question Retired engraver with Newing-Hall system - what are my options?

Hello everyone,

I am a former engraver (I was in business for over 40 years) and I am facing a dilemma.

I stored most of my machines from my business when I closed down my shop last year, however I am seeking some advice as to what I can do with my Newing-Hall system with the AMCI controller and all the attachments, pumps, base and accessories I purchased over the years. The machine is in immaculate shape, works great and I have it running on an old PC with Windows 98 and the Apex JLS system.

My son keeps telling me that i have no options and should think about throwing it out, but I refuse to think that I do not have any other options. I contacted Newing-Hall to see if they would be interested in purchasing my machine or to see if I can help out a new generation of engravers, but of course they pitched a "sales" message instead.

What are my options? Any thoughts?

Thank you,

Stephan

Re: Retired engraver with Newing-Hall system - what are my options?

Hi Stephan,

Can you post a picture of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymz408 View Post
    Hi Stephan,

Can you post a picture of it?
    Hello,

My son will be coming to visit next week and I will ask him to help me take a picture that I may share with you.

Sincerely,

Stephan

Hello,

I apologize for the late reply, but I was finally able to get some pictures.

Sincerely,

Stephan

what jobs are you doing in past using this machine?

Hello nareshham,

I used this machine to engrave complexe patterns, extremely small text, diagrams, logos, images and other unique jobs with this machine.

I would enter the dimensions and the pattern in my computer and then the signal would be sent to the machine (as you connect this to a computer) and it would engrave on the material as required.

It is extremely accurate and can reproduce almost anything on metal and glass surfaces.

I also used the machine for large quantity orders as the computer would be preloaded with my job pattern and all I had to do is replace the part and press start (instead of manual engraving).

I hope this answers your question.

Sincerely,

Stephan

Those machines are still in use for door nameplates, control panel engraving, office desk phone panels, and many other tasks.

I have a both TLS 350 and 400 model, works fine. The 400 has the add-on cylindrical axis and tools.

While I don't use it very often, it is faster to set up EC or JLS and run a job, than it is to set up on milling machine.

If you just have to dispose of it, try eBay first, and maybe some magnet high school that has trade training (graphics art, cnc, etc)

The machine ways are bevel edge, very sharp and accurate, the screws have anti-backlash nuts, and good NEMA 23 motors, the spindle is exceptional supported double bearings.

Why anyone would want to "throw it out" is beyond me.

It is a precision device, built with the utmost care in the design, for accurate engraving, and even light (very) milling.

I have cut 1/4" brass plate using mine, to make a kitchen faucet escutcheon, using 1/8" carbide end mill.

Engraver

Hi Stephan.
    Do you still have your engraver? Where are you located?
    Thank you, Jamie
    Hello,

I apologize for the late reply, but I was finally able to get some pictures.

Sincerely,

Stephan[/QUOTE]