585,763 active members*
4,261 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > Want To Buy...Need help! > Need wiseguys opinion about this CNC (specs listed). Also 3or 4axis for such products

Question Need wiseguys opinion about this CNC (specs listed). Also 3or 4axis for such products

Hello and thank you in advance for your time and knowledge.

I quite new in this field and tried my best to make research (this forum is the best), but still way far from confident by my choice. Maybe you could guide me to better machine with similar specs.
    My budget is up to 15000, max.20000USD (12000-max16000EUR) but its already above comfort zone :) so if its doable in less with some wise sacrifices - i am all for that :)
    Any reliable Europe manufacturers available for the price and specs ? Or Chinese way ir the right way to go ?

I need CNC machine for quite wide range of products to make, primary for wood, MDF (to get idea here is a picture of some products as rough guide line):

Here is a machine I chose for now
    3-axis 1530ATC CNC Machine with Linear tool changer (Chinese machine)

It is similar to this picture, only its not 4axis, but 3axis and rotary tool is placed on the side of the table.

1) 1500 *3000*500mm working area (so Z of material is 250mm only) + 400mmx2500mm diameter rotary tool at the side of main table
    2) 3-axis Linear ATC
    3) 9kw Chinese HQD ATC air cooling spindle (with ISO 30 tool holder)
    4) 11kw Fuling inverter
    5) 850W Japan YASKAWA servo motor and1000W drivers
    6) PM95A-4L control system (NC studio)
    7) Taiwan #25 linear guide way for X,Y,Z axis
    8) Helical rack gears for X,Y axis
    9) Taiwan TBI ball screw for Z axis
    10) Vacuum and T-slot table - with 7.5KW water type vacuum pump
    11) MPG Hand wheel; Auto Oil Lubrication System; France Schneider safety switch; Auto tool sensor calibration; Japan OMRON limit switch for X,Y,Z axis

Questions I face:

a) 3-axis or do i need 4-axis ?
    This bothers me a lot. The machine i was suggested (above) is 3-axes, and Chinese dealer advised me on this, saying i don't need 4-axis. As much as i read about it, most say 4-axis is better precision, efficiency so on.., but seems like price goes up a lot, or I been hustled :)
    b) PM95A-4L controller system (NC studio) - is it better choise then Syntec controller ? (its cheaper and I read that Chinese Syntec rack not so reliable, in some cases - out of order in few months, is this a case ?) Can i use other software with PM95A-4L or only NC-studio?
    c) ATC (auto tool change) - how useful is it in practice? Maybe i should sacrifice it (and some other feature like vacuum table) for 4-axis ? Would be great to here from you about that.
    d) height of Z axis - i read that quality an precision is sacrificed with high Z axis, i went with 500mm(so only 250mm for material) would love to get more, but max on this typo of machine is only 600mm(300mm material) and i afraid this might be too much to go to the limit. Maybe even 500mm is too much. Is it different regarding Z height with 4-axis ?
    e) Power consumption - could not find anywhere an average power consumption of similar machine. It is not 11kW, is it?

Again, thank you a lot for you time and effort, hope one day I can be in your shoes and help some noobie like myself :)

Re: Need wiseguys opinion about this CNC (specs listed). Also 3or 4axis for such prod

Hello! First of all, please let me share my opinion.

As we know, 3 axis include X Y Z.
    X axis and Y axis constitute a horizontal surface.
    Z axis is vertical on that surface.

Apparently, 4 axis have one more axis than 3 axis.
    The extra axis we call it A axis in CNC industry, I perfer to call it R axis.
    Because X Y Z are all doing linear motion.
    But the A axis, I will call it R axis anyway, the R axis is doing rotational motion.

And in CNC industry, there're two different R axis.
    One is the spindle do the rotational motion.
    Another one is the processed material do rotational motion.

You maybe still confused, and you are wondering you need 3 axis or 4 axis.
    Get this, if you wanna process some materials like MDF or some wood sheet to make door or cabinet, 3 axis will do the job.
    If you want make something stereoscopic like a statue or sculpture. Then you need 4 axis.

Re: Need wiseguys opinion about this CNC (specs listed). Also 3or 4axis for such prod

Then please allow me to introduce my self.

My name is Red and I'm from DELEI CNC. Manufacturer and dealer of CNC machines in China.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to sell our machines to you. Just share my opinion maybe helpful.

Anyway, I'll leave my contact info in case you have further questions, or you can ignore it if you're fine.
    Mobile/WhatsApp: +8613083490227; Email: [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by FullHeads View Post
    Hello and thank you in advance for your time and knowledge.

I quite new in this field and tried my best to make research (this forum is the best), but still way far from confident by my choice. Maybe you could guide me to better machine with similar specs.
    My budget is up to 15000, max.20000USD (12000-max16000EUR) but its already above comfort zone so if its doable in less with some wise sacrifices - i am all for that
    Any reliable Europe manufacturers available for the price and specs ? Or Chinese way ir the right way to go ?

I need CNC machine for quite wide range of products to make, primary for wood, MDF (to get idea here is a picture of some products as rough guide line):

Here is a machine I chose for now
    3-axis 1530ATC CNC Machine with Linear tool changer (Chinese machine)

It is similar to this picture, only its not 4axis, but 3axis and rotary tool is placed on the side of the table.

1) 1500 *3000*500mm working area (so Z of material is 250mm only) + 400mmx2500mm diameter rotary tool at the side of main table
    2) 3-axis Linear ATC
    3) 9kw Chinese HQD ATC air cooling spindle (with ISO 30 tool holder)
    4) 11kw Fuling inverter
    5) 850W Japan YASKAWA servo motor and1000W drivers
    6) PM95A-4L control system (NC studio)
    7) Taiwan #25 linear guide way for X,Y,Z axis
    8) Helical rack gears for X,Y axis
    9) Taiwan TBI ball screw for Z axis
    10) Vacuum and T-slot table - with 7.5KW water type vacuum pump
    11) MPG Hand wheel; Auto Oil Lubrication System; France Schneider safety switch; Auto tool sensor calibration; Japan OMRON limit switch for X,Y,Z axis

Questions I face:

a) 3-axis or do i need 4-axis ?
    This bothers me a lot. The machine i was suggested (above) is 3-axes, and Chinese dealer advised me on this, saying i don't need 4-axis. As much as i read about it, most say 4-axis is better precision, efficiency so on.., but seems like price goes up a lot, or I been hustled
    b) PM95A-4L controller system (NC studio) - is it better choise then Syntec controller ? (its cheaper and I read that Chinese Syntec rack not so reliable, in some cases - out of order in few months, is this a case ?) Can i use other software with PM95A-4L or only NC-studio?
    c) ATC (auto tool change) - how useful is it in practice? Maybe i should sacrifice it (and some other feature like vacuum table) for 4-axis ? Would be great to here from you about that.
    d) height of Z axis - i read that quality an precision is sacrificed with high Z axis, i went with 500mm(so only 250mm for material) would love to get more, but max on this typo of machine is only 600mm(300mm material) and i afraid this might be too much to go to the limit. Maybe even 500mm is too much. Is it different regarding Z height with 4-axis ?
    e) Power consumption - could not find anywhere an average power consumption of similar machine. It is not 11kW, is it?

Again, thank you a lot for you time and effort, hope one day I can be in your shoes and help some noobie like myself
    Yes that would be 11Kw the vacuum pump and spindle would be most of that

NC studio is good so is Syntec, which is better, both are different so you can't compare

3 axes will do most of what I see in you photos, 4th axes for leg operations

Do you need a tilting Spindle axes, most likely not

A tool changer is good if you have a lot of tool changes to do to complete a part, keep the Tool change Spindle, as you could add a table tool Rack

Under Gantry clearance well the lower you can have this the better

Look at other machines some have the 4th axes at the same height as the table, you can then have the Gantry clearance much lower like these https://newcnc.com/machine/smart-series/
    Mactec54

Just buy a used and factory refurbished DMS router