585,581 active members*
3,989 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Mechanical Engineering > T-Slot CNC building > Which design is better/stronger?

Which design is better/stronger?

I’ve just gotten in the final main parts (2 sets of 1200 mm linear rails and ballscrew for my 3030 (T-slot) framed CNC table 1000 mm x 1200 mm x 400 mm. Given the option, is it much stronger to mount the rails on the side of the 3030 beams, or is it just as strong and precise mounting the rails on top of the 3030 beams? I’ve included a photo of the rails on top, but I can just as well mount them on the sides. I just want to know before I go forward.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Which design is better/stronger?

Is that carpet an A,. B, or FFF grade surface plate?

Seriously, finding a large reference surface isn't easy. I wonder what advice can be offered for folks who don't have a big shop?

Quote Originally Posted by Gallen66 View Post
    I’ve just gotten in the final main parts (2 sets of 1200 mm linear rails and ballscrew for my 3030 (T-slot) framed CNC table 1000 mm x 1200 mm x 400 mm. Given the option, is it much stronger to mount the rails on the side of the 3030 beams, or is it just as strong and precise mounting the rails on top of the 3030 beams? I’ve included a photo of the rails on top, but I can just as well mount them on the sides. I just want to know before I go forward.
    I doubt it matters if you are not going to be able to get them aligned. Do you have a way to check the surface for flatness/squareness?

I put it together, I’m just trying to troubleshoot my ESS Smooth Stepper with Mach3.

QUOTE=jschoch;2191540]Is that carpet an A,. B, or FFF grade surface plate?

Seriously, finding a large reference surface isn't easy. I wonder what advice can be offered for folks who don't have a big shop?

I doubt it matters if you are not going to be able to get them aligned. Do you have a way to check the surface for flatness/squareness?[/QUOTE]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

hello,

Good day!
    We are cnc machining factory in china , if you have Mechanical Design metal parts let me know, send us drawing ,we provide high quality and good price products for you.

Thank you!

James

E:[email protected]