Has anyone tried madCAM6 yet

Hi,
    I am having issues with madCAM6.
    Has anyone tried it yet?
    Regards,
    Mauri.

Re: Has anyone tried madCAM6 yet

Hi,
    I managed to get it working, even though there appears to be a Version number compatibility issue with Rhino6 and MadCAM and some components may not be fully installed and I am sure it will be resolved by Joakim very soon.
    When Installed, do not forget to fully configure madCAM and Rhino.
    You will have to reinstall the plugin every time you start Rhino6 until the version issue is fixed.
    All at this stage madCAM works well.
    4 Axis Simultaneous Simulation looks great.
    I will continue testing.
    Regards,
    Mauri.

Hi Mauri,

What are your overall experience with madCAM 6?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by trung999 View Post
    Hi Mauri,

What are your overall experience with madCAM 6?

Thanks,
    trung999,
    I have used 5/6Extra madCAM for many years and have CNC machined many items in mainly timber and brass although it does produce quality parts out of steel as well.
    It produces a very good set of profile combinations for both Mill and Router Table machines.
    I have used all types of cutters even down to TBN .05mm and have been able to cut brass with intricate shapes for days without a break.
    It produces a good finishes better than other CAM products (this also depends on your equipment quality).
    It has the capability to perform a large variety of profiles in both 2.5D and 3D models.

Items that I would like to see are Planar Roughing for a more efficient and contiguous cutting profiles with minimal Z Axis movement (I think Joakim will tackle that soon) and G93 G-Code output would make it even better.

Joakim is still finalizing the Simulation process and hopefully that and the other items I mentioned will then make maDCAM6 competitive with the more expensive CAD/CAM programs out there.
    Joakim provides great support and there are many others that can help on this site as well.
    I have tested many other products in the past, but for the money this is the best overall so far.

Regards,
    Mauri.

Thank you Mauri. I am still running MadCAM5 with the simulation problems. I have Rhino6 and MadCAM6 but am at a critical juncture of a project and have not installed for fear of further messing things up.

trung999,
    The are no real issues with madCAM6, I am using it instead of V5 even though I still have it loaded.
    Once you have all the standard parameters setup as per you V5 you should have no issue.
    Both V5 and V6 have similar issues with Simulation and I am sure Joakim is working hard to fix all the issues.
    You can run them both even at the same time so you can fully check and compare the G-Code output and then satisfy yourself that you will have no issues between the two versions.
    Regards,
    Mauri.