585,591 active members*
2,660 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Questions on Sinutrain simulator for 840D

I'm gradually learning an 840D Shopturn cnc lathe, and have downloaded Sinutrain for Sinumeric Operate version 4.8

I'm going through a good Youtube tutorial to learn the programming but the problem I have is this tutorial is working in inches and my Sinutrain simulator is in mm.

I cannot find anywhere to temporarily change the units from mm to inch. In the tutorial there is a box in the Program Header where you can choose mm or inch. My Sinutrain simulator does not have any such box.

A 2nd question I have is what is the difference between a "Part Program" (.MPF file) and a "Workpiece" (.WPD file). When creating a new program it seems I can choose either, but I don't understand the difference between them, and have not yet found any information in the user manual.

Thanks,

Keith.

Re: Questions on Sinutrain simulator for 840D

Hi, to switch to inch, in jog mode or auto mode, click the little arrow on the lower right corner, it's just above the "Machining" horizontal softkey (if your in jog mode),
    then on the "Setting" softkey, then on "Changeover inch" on the Vertical key.
    And WPD is for a WorkPiece Directory that you create., the MPF is the part program.

Quote Originally Posted by Tancuda View Post
    Hi, to switch to inch, in jog mode or auto mode, click the little arrow on the lower right corner, it's just above the "Machining" horizontal softkey (if your in jog mode),
    then on the "Setting" softkey, then on "Changeover inch" on the Vertical key.
    And WPD is for a WorkPiece Directory that you create., the MPF is the part program.
    Tancuda,

thank you very much, I appreciate that. That precious information is now stored in a Word file LOL.

I'd actually given up on getting an answer. I only came to this section of the forum because I seen a new post, then found out it was for me :cheers:

Keith.

No problem Beefy, I'm not an expert but If I can help well it's a pleasure. I'm still learning too, I need to practice for the new machine that's coming in the shop here !

You can check here, lot's of documentation : https://support.industry.siemens.com...Forum&lc=en-WW

And sorry if my English is so-so....I'm canadian french.

Hi Tancuda,

if you hadn't told me you are Canadian French, I would not have even noticed. So I guess your English is pretty good.

If you are studying up on this type of machine, see if any of my info in this thread is of any use: https://www.cnczone.com/forums/sieme...r-siemens.html

If you haven't already seen it, a Youtube video that has helped me is this one: https://youtu.be/CDqSD6bD0n0

Keith.

Thanks for the link Beefy, sure I will take a look at it. I need to know as much as possible to run that new Mill-Turn machine.

-- del --

Problem is solved