585,676 active members*
5,326 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Probing

Probing

I have a china built cnc with usb and I an trying to hook up a probe for probing all 3 axis. I have tried pins 10-13 and 15 both active low and not but can not get it to work. I all so tried the three input on the breakout board. I did not try input 1 because it has something else connected to it. The breakout board is a Bit Sensor board. Any help would be great. I am new to working with a cnc so all this is a big learning experience.

Thank You In Advance,
    Dennis Killian
    AKA capdenny

Re: Probing

Not much help, but some Chinese USB motion controllers don't support probing or have it implemented the wrong way. Not very easy to help with so little details, we have no idea what that machine looks like and know even less about what's inside and also have no idea about the software you are using. Probing generally is not an issue, but the machine and the CNC software must support it.

hi dennis are you able to upload a picture of your control board? if you can then we can see what type you have and possibly its pinout for you so we can help you further.

Quote Originally Posted by capdenny View Post
    I have a china built cnc with usb and I an trying to hook up a probe for probing all 3 axis. I have tried pins 10-13 and 15 both active low and not but can not get it to work. I all so tried the three input on the breakout board. I did not try input 1 because it has something else connected to it. The breakout board is a Bit Sensor board. Any help would be great. I am new to working with a cnc so all this is a big learning experience.

Thank You In Advance,
    Dennis Killian
    AKA capdenny

Ok sorry I should have given more information. So here is what I know the breakout board is a BitSensor board, I am using Mach3 for software. I can not get the forum to download a picture. But you can see the board at this link https://gd4.alicdn.com/imgextra/i3/1...ng_400x400.jpg. This is all the information I have so if someone could help this would be great.

Thank You,
    Dennis Killian
    AKA capdenny

edit: dennis i have just checked and the touch plate wire has to go to one of the input terminals (not the 5v as indicated)

bitsensor board.bmpperhaps others can chip in here but i suggest that your probe touch plate would go to the 5v pin as illustrated. simple probe homemade for example would be to connect a small croc clip to your tool/cutter and this wire goes to the ground on your board, then a thin piece of copper plate or aluminium with a wire attached to that would sit on top the work piece to be cut and directly below the cutting tool and the wire coming off your plate will go to the 5v illustrated pin. there are plenty of videos or tutorials on how to run the probe via mach 3, also remember to allow for the thickness of your touch plate to be included when probing. if you need more help give me a shout.

Quote Originally Posted by capdenny View Post
    Ok sorry I should have given more information. So here is what I know the breakout board is a BitSensor board, I am using Mach3 for software. I can not get the forum to download a picture. But you can see the board at this link https://gd4.alicdn.com/imgextra/i3/1...ng_400x400.jpg. This is all the information I have so if someone could help this would be great.

Thank You,
    Dennis Killian
    AKA capdenny

hi dennis on your control board you have the following input terminals IN1 IN2 IN3 IN4
    you can use any one of these to attach your touch plate wire which ever one is not being used, then your crocodile clip that would be attached to the tip of your cutter this wire would go to ground terminal.