584,833 active members*
5,770 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Shopsabre > Help in setting up the Shopsabre Vacuum Table for a 2011 3636 Machine

Help in setting up the Shopsabre Vacuum Table for a 2011 3636 Machine

Hello,

I have a 3636 Shopsabre I bought new in 2011. I love the machine. Rock solid, dependable like nothing else. Built like an Abrams tank. And lifetime tech support is unheard of in this business. They always help you no matter what. Which is more than I can say for Enroute Software. Anyway, the machine came with the t-slot option and also with a vacuum table. When it was shipped, I had all these huge PVC pieces for the vacuum table. Huge elbows and valves and other things like that. But no directions on how to hook it up or what to do with the table. I know a piece of MDF must go on the top and be cut down with a spoil-board cutter, but beyond that, there were no instructions. Like an idiot, for the past 7 years, I have used double stick tape for all projects and sometimes screws. I've put a spoil-board down fastening it to the T-Slots (a test of patience I'll tell you) and then I'd coat it 5 times with water-based polyurethane. That way the double stick tape would better adhere. But I'm done with this. Having to attach tape each time is both inefficient and time consuming. I'm now doing hundreds of 2" round pieces and taping them is not an option. Here is a picture of my table top. I can understand how it's supposed to work. Since the grooves were cut with a v-groove tool, I cannot put gasketing material into it because there are no channels. Can anyone for the love of God and all things sacred explain to me how this is supposed to work? I would be forever in your debt.

Thank you

Victor
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013-01-21 12.45.30.jpg   2013-01-21 12.45.38.jpg  

Re: Help in setting up the Shopsabre Vacuum Table for a 2011 3636 Machine

Victor. If your still interested in setting up table : Short PVC pipe goes in each hole just below v groove. Then elbow on each to front of machine. Elbow down at end. Insert 1 valve into each elbow. Add short PVC to second elbow facing left or right depending where your vacuum will be. Use a PVC tee to join left (or right) line and take pipe to side of machine to be hooked up to vacuum. That's the simple way.

@mysticsign has anything come about your setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Picktool View Post
    @mysticsign has anything come about your setup?
    Nope

I have the same questions for my 23 with the pheolic vas with the v groove grid. I am thinking about trying to rout a 1/4" groove around the perimeter that will accept the gasket material.