584,829 active members*
4,833 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Motion Control Board

I have a china built cnc with a Bit Sensor control board. I can't seem to find a way to wire a probe to probe x,y,z axis. The board looks like it will support probing. But I still can not find the correct way to wire the probe. If this board will not support probing than I need to know what board will work for my machine. I have a usb 3Axis 3040 CnC Router Engraver Engraving Drilling Mill Machine and using Mach 3 software.
    I will try and upload some pictures of my control Box.
    If someone out their has any information on how to wire this board and probe or what a compatible board that supports probing would be I would really appreciate it.

Thank You,
    Dennis Killian

Re: Motion Control Board

What makes you believe that the board supports probing? Many Chinese motion controllers don't support probing or implemented the G31 code the wrong way. Did you ask the seller for support? Anyway, if you want to get some other motion controller, there are plenty available. CNCDrive has a number of different type, but there are others as well which could be used and which support probing.

Dennis,

What is currently connected to IN4?

Jeff...
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

I have tried all the inputs that are not being used. IN2,IN3, IN4. I have had ground go to the control board and also to the power supply. I have also tried pin s 10-13 and 15 , active low on and off. Still nothing.

Dennis

Dennis,

Why is there a red wire connected to the common DCM connection?

Jeff...
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Quote Originally Posted by capdenny View Post
    I have tried all the inputs that are not being used. IN2,IN3, IN4. I have had ground go to the control board and also to the power supply. I have also tried pin s 10-13 and 15 , active low on and off. Still nothing.

Dennis
    In your first post you are saying that that:

The board looks like it will support probing.
    The fact that you have free inputs does not mean that the board supports probing. For the probing to work the motion controller firmware must support G31 code and implement it right. Of course, there must be one free input as well, but that's not enough.

I do not know why the red wire is connected to the common DCM. This is how it came. I have not changed any wires. The one white wire you see in IN4 is to the probe positive side.

You maybe correct, it is possible that this board will not support probing.

Even if it does, I'm not sure if any chinese boards support probing properly.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I have used this board. It supports probing. DCM must be used as common ground. DCM is the ground of 24 volt power input. DCM and GND must not be shorted. I have another problem with this board. It sometimes lose connection with Mach3 It waits for some miliseconds but it causes to lose step. This card is not suitable for precise works.

One more thing. ; Port number must be entered as "3 " for inputs.

Quote Originally Posted by rceebuilder View Post
    I have used this board. It supports probing. DCM must be used as common ground. DCM is the ground of 24 volt power input. DCM and GND must not be shorted. I have another problem with this board. It sometimes lose connection with Mach3 It waits for some miliseconds but it causes to lose step. This card is not suitable for precise works.

One more thing. ; Port number must be entered as "3 " for inputs.
    You can get a UC100 and a $5 chinese breakout board for not much more than the board you have and that combo works.
    Just make sure to get a CNCdrive UC100 and not a chinese clone, because that does not work.

Quote Originally Posted by OlfCNC View Post
    You can get a UC100 and a $5 chinese breakout board for not much more than the board you have and that combo works.
    Just make sure to get a CNCdrive UC100 and not a chinese clone, because that does not work.
    You are right.

Yes. too many people wasted their time and money on these chinese motion controllers when the result is always negative and it is kind of annoying.