584,874 active members*
4,908 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Fadal EMC A axis failure

Fadal EMC A axis failure

Hello everyone,

First excuse me from my english, it is translated by google ..

I have a Fadal EMC milling machine with the A axis. Everything worked perfectly until this morning. I reconnect the A axis and the parameter in the SETP command to X,Y,Z,A . I restart the milling machine, I press the activation button of the electric power, and there the glass fuse 5A of the transformer 125V / 12V breaks. I disconnect the whole system from axis A and set the SETP parameter to X, Y, Z and restart the milling machine, everything works fine.

I am attaching some photos of the axis controllers with the fault LEDs lit in red.

Do you have an idea where to look for the cause of the problem?

I leave you a copy of this message in French if someone read it correctly.

Thank you all !

Pierre

Bonjour à tous,

Premièrement excuser moi de mon anglais, il est traduit par google..

J'ai une fraiseuse Fadal EMC avec l'axe A. Tous fonctionnait parfaitement jusqu'à ce matin. Je rebranche l'axe A et le paramètre dans la commande SETP sur X,Y,Z,A . Je redémarre la fraiseuse, j'appuis sur le bouton d'activation de la puissance électrique, et là le fusible en verre du transformateur 125V/12V se casse. Je déconnecte tout le système de l'axe A et met le paramètre SETP sur X,Y,Z et je redémarre la fraiseuse, tout fonctionne correctement.

Je vous joins quelques photos des controlleurs d'axes avec les LED de défaut allumée en rouge.

Auriez vous une idée vers où chercher la cause du problème ?

Je vous laisse une copie de ce message en français si certains le lisent correctement.

Merci à tous !

Pierre

Attachment 389454
    Attachment 389456
    Attachment 389458
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_123923953.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	389460

Re: Fadal EMC A axis failure

Sir, check the cabling and motor for moisture. This will short out the A axis amp when trying to use it. It accumulates moisture from the machining coolant and can get into the cables and motor. I suggest you remove the motor and look for moisture and carbon dust. Suck the motor out through the brush holders with a shop vac and this should clear most of the carbon dust. Check these things out and let me know if I can help further.

FadalCNC.com

Re: Fadal EMC A axis failure

535/5000
    Hello, first of all thank you for your message!

I will dismount the brushless motor this weekend to see if there is humidity inside.
    I will keep you informed as soon as possible.

I noticed that if I set the Fadal command to X, Y, Z and connect the A-axis cables, the fuse blows. I would be tempted to think that the problem comes from the brushless motor or the A-axis cable and not from the controller.

How to know if the controller is not out of order?

Good day to you.

Pierre

Bonjour, tout d'abord je vous remercie de votre message !

Je vais démonter le moteur brushless ce week end pour regarder s'il y a de l'humidité à l'intérieur.
    Je vous tiendrez informé dès que possible.

J'ai pu remarquer que si je parametre la commande Fadal sur X,Y,Z et que je branche les câbles de l'axe A, le fusible pète. Je serais tenté de penser que le problème vient du moteur brushless ou des câble de l'axe A et non pas du controlleur.

Comment savoir si le contrôleur n'est pas hors service ?

Bonne journée à vous.

Pierre