585,987 active members*
4,178 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc O-M Control not receiving program

I started a thread regarding a Fanuc O-M control on a Kitamura My Center 1 machine milling center not receiving a data transfer. I didn't see any other Fanuc or Kitamura problems like this one. Does anyone know what the problem could be? We are using Master Cam 10 and are attempting to transfer the program to the machine via a pc and cable routed directly to the CNC. We are running it out of the com1 port 9 pin and into the 25 pin serial wired according to MFG recommendations with the baud rate at 4800 per the MFG (Kitamura) and the other settings like bits and parity etc... are set according to the MFG recommendations. We get the machine ready with LSK blinking and in the program page waiting to receive, go back to the pc and send and the Pc says data transfer successful but nothing happens on the control screen, no alarms no change what so ever. We were told it could be a chip in the control. Any thoughts?

Haven't seen the other thread so I apologize if some of this has already been covered.

1) Can you send in the opposite direction (CNC ---> PC)?
    2) Did you ring out the cable or does it work on other machines?
    3) Can you try another PC with same cable using HyperTerminal or another utility?
    4) Can you try same PC with same cable using HyperTerminal or another utility?
    Paul Sevin - Ovation Engineering, Inc.
    http://www.ovationengineering.com

Program Issues

Check the parameter settings. Someone may have unintentionally changed one of the settings if they were changing between inch or metric for example. We had this happen and the control would not except a program from the PC.
    Freddy

Check the setting parameters EIA / ISO, Baud rate in Machine side & Check the settings of the system for com port, Baud Rate, Parity, stop bits & Hand shaking, Then check the cable for continuity or correct wiring of pin details, Then check the Pc software & Pc.

Hey trutec423,
    Did you get the RS232 working?
    If so, please share/post what you found to fix it so others can learn.
    If not, please answer the frequently asked question "can you send from the CNC to your PC successfully?"

Hi, after having a similar problem maybe i can shed some light, there should be a parameter to turn the rs232 on and make it active as ours wasn't turned on.. hope this helps
    gollame

first u check parameter code ISO/EIA,Baud rate set at lowest rate e.g 1200
    then check cable connection 6,8,20 should be short at fanuc end ,check software handshek as well as hardware.
    and check communication to and frow (m/c to pc, pc to m/c)
    and mainthing check parameter at software end also.