584,846 active members*
4,636 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Knee Vertical Mills > Dimensional info for Compumill 3000/4000

Dimensional info for Compumill 3000/4000

Hey guys/gals,

New member here, but have used the site as an information resource for awhile now. I'm about to pick up a Compumill 4000 with operational Delta 20 control, but wondering about the height of the machine. I realize standard is around 100" with all components installed.

The pneumatic tool change assembly on the top is not an issue to remove, as I understand it, but I was hoping the spindle motor could also possibly be removed without too much trouble. Anyone have any input on motor removal? I know there are some Compumill owners out there, if someone could do me a solid and measure the height from floor to the top of the motor, and also to uppermost point on the machine if the motor/toolchanger were removed?

Thanks!

Re: Dimensional info for Compumill 3000/4000

Well nobody replied but ended up getting it into the garage with the motor and pneumatic drawbar cylinder off. For reference my door opening was 96.75in tall and mill came in on forks with a couple inches to spare. Machine looked to be around 93-94inches to the top of the drawbar with cylinder and motor removed. Now if I can only solve my power up issues I started in a new thread!