585,969 active members*
4,663 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Dust Collection Designs for Huanyang 2.2Kw spindles?

Dust Collection Designs for Huanyang 2.2Kw spindles?

So due to the efforts of everyone who put up with me questions my new spindle is running great and configured on Mach 3.Could not be happier! Mac you were very helpful and thanks!

So now I'm hoping to see some designs of simple Dust collection for the spindle using a simple shopvac. This may not be the correct forum for this question but I'm sure someone has already figured out a simple way to attach a dust Skirt. Hope to avoid any mistakes and get it right the first time.

Steve in Maine

Re: Dust Collection Designs for Huanyang 2.2Kw spindles?

Most dust shoes are similar. Maybe these will give you some ideas.
    https://www.kentcnc.net/nc/
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I just checked out Kentcnc and that's exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks for directing me!

Steve in Maine

I just bought a Kent Mini. My spindle is also a 2.2kW. It has a 59.5mm diameter lip below the main body of the spindle but above the collet holder. That's where the dust shoe is attached, so I bought the 60mm Mini from Kent, with the 3" brush ring. It fits on there and tightens down fine, but it only just *barely* clears my Z assembly!

I thought the design of the Kent was nice, but on mine there's some shoddy work on the adhesive seal between the top plate and the hose connector. Haven't decided if I'm going to get a replacement yet - it's probably only cosmetic.

That's great feedback on the Product. In your opinion how hard would it be to make one yourself. We do have CNC machines for heavens sake! Other than the 3" brush I have all the items laying around my shop already.
    How do you route the vacuum hose to avoid catching and not looking bad? I've seen the articulating arm design but would prefer to stay away from it due to complex issues involved.

Steve in Maine

To make it out of acrylic, I'm not really sure, because I haven't milled that material yet. It's not that complex a shape, true. That brush strip is set in and adhered nicely in the acrylic ring, somehow. I don't know how I'd do that part.

I attached a 2x4 to the side of my bench next to the side edge of the table on my CNC. At the top of it I screwed on a small spring. That goes to a zip tie around the hose at a point I selected, given the extents it needs to reach. It looks like it will work for now! If it holds up longer term, then I'll use the same arrangement with the enclosure I plan to build for it (a typical lift-off hinge type thing). Already I can tell that the end of the board where the spring is attached may need to be shaped, so that it can move around against that surface with out going over hard corners and wearing easily.