Finally moved into a place where I can get my shop back up and running. Was able to score the Taig I built from my buddy who I sold it to about 4yrs ago, and he gave me an even better deal than I gave him!

My setup is 3x 273oz steppers (kl23h276-30-8b) and 3 KL-4030 drivers, 36v 3A psu, and a C10S breakout. It was working about 6 months ago at my buddy's house, but there is some issue now and the C10 is currently not outputting signal. Suspect a wire has came loose, or the board is bad, had similar issue and the past and, after trying everything, replacing the C10 fixed the issue, so that's what I'm thinking I'll do straight off this go round..

or...

I have always wanted to go G540 (they came out right after my original build) and now I'm tempted just skip the whole breakout setup/debug process and just go for it. My electronics box will look a lot cleaner as a bonus..

But $270 is a bit just for convenience/bling. How much performance increase (if any) should I expect to see? Can someone talk sense into me (for or against)? If the $$ doesn't go into the G540 it'll go into other tools.