585,919 active members*
3,502 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc Servo amplifier compatibility

Fanuc Servo amplifier compatibility

Hi. I'm interested in understanding details of ordering code of Fanuc servo amplifier. This will help if spare is not available immediately. Like if I have a defective A06B-6079-H203 , is there any other Fanuc amplifier I can replace it with, one-to-one or with some minor changes in connections and parameters. Can anyone suggest Fanuc documentation in this regard. Thanks in advance.

Re: Fanuc Servo amplifier compatibility

Hi, I'm assuming that I'm not able explain my problem and hence no response is forthcoming. I would like to re-frame the question as follows -
    What does 6079 and Hn03 signify. And whether I can use A06B-6096-H303 in place of it , with some changes in connections / parameters.

Re: Fanuc Servo amplifier compatibility

6079 is the series, I dont know on these newer drives if they interchange, Both 6079 and 6096 use the same B-65162 manual. That would probably say. Is one Alpha and the other Beta?
    First digit after H is how many motors the drive will run,
    H303 is a 3 axis drive . The last digit is how big the motors can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidyut View Post
    Hi. I'm interested in understanding details of ordering code of Fanuc servo amplifier. This will help if spare is not available immediately. Like if I have a defective A06B-6079-H203 , is there any other Fanuc amplifier I can replace it with, one-to-one or with some minor changes in connections and parameters. Can anyone suggest Fanuc documentation in this regard. Thanks in advance.
    I would just buy a spare, for the shelf. Otherwise keep the fans and filters clean and they should last a long time. I have been in places that did not do this and all I was doing literally all day on 10-20 machines were changing out amps. It's incredible. But you know you can just take the same exact amp out of another machine to temporarily replace the suspect one. The drives do not store parameters in themselves, they are stored in the CNC control. I would not recommend replacing different part numbers. Mostly all drives are available 1-2 day either from Fanuc or you can try fanuc world in Tennessee if you are in the US.