584,849 active members*
4,035 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Adv. Posting auger on/off
Page 1 of 2 12

Adv. Posting auger on/off

Trying to have advanced posting tab with the ability to turn chip auger on or off for pocketing routine

Can get the tab to show up in the wizard,but posting does not acknowledge it

So I figure something on line 3 or 2001 is wrong

any help appreciated

3. Tool change
    n,spindle_off
    n,"M09"
    n,program_block_1
    n,rapid_move,incremental_coord,"G28","Z0."
    n,optional_stop
    " "
    "(NEXT CUT - NEXT TOOL)"
    system_comment
    feature_name_comment
    " "
    n,t,"M06"
    n,rapid_move,absolute_coord,work_coord,force_x,xr, force_y,yr,rotary_xyr_angle,,s,spindle_on
    n,rapid_move,length_offset,coolant_on
    output_rotary_angle

2001. Program Block 1 - Output code M33 or M31

code = MILL_GetUserSelectComboVariable(0) 'Get which item is selected for COMBO_BOX 1
    '0 = M33, 1 = M31

'ans = MsgBox("code is " & code) 'Display message box with value of code

Select Case code 'Output the correct string based on user selection
    Case 0
    MILL_SetReturnString(" M31”)
    Case 1
    MILL_SetReturnString(" M33”)
    End Select

Re: Adv. Posting auger on/off

here is the custom file to put the tab in the wizard

COMBO_BOX,1,M33,M31
    TEXT_LABEL,1,Set Auger Mode M33 off
    DEFAULT_COMBO_INDEX,2,3

Well,we lost SBC a while back to M Cam,,,he bought a 5 axis Haas that came with it I believe,,,anyhow,huge lost to the forum

General,do you see something that looks wrong ?

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    Well,we lost SBC a while back to M Cam,,,he bought a 5 axis Haas that came with it I believe,,,anyhow,huge lost to the forum

General,do you see something that looks wrong ?
    I agree, great loss to the community

Anyway, what I have works here although all I could see was the last line of the custom file, so try out the following and if it works for you as well then great if not back to the headache pills

Program block setup is :-

2001. Program Block 1 - Output a M31 or M33 depending on what is selected in the posting page

code = MILL_GetUserSelectComboVariable(0) 'Get which item is selected for COMBO_BOX 1 '0 = M31, 1 = M33

'ans = MsgBox("code is " & code) 'Display message box with value of code

Select Case code 'Ouput the correct string based on user selection
    Case 0
    MILL_SetReturnString(" M31")
    Case 1
    MILL_SetReturnString(" M33")

End Select

Custom file is :-

COMBO_BOX,1,M31,M33
    DEFAULT_COMBO_INDEX,1,1
    TEXT_LABEL,1,Select Auger M33 Off

Like I said, works here, hope it helps

Regards
    Rob

headache pills,,need a new prescription

just does not want to output a M31 or M33

What are you saving the Combo Box file out as into your Post Processor Library ??
    It needs to be like this :-

Your PP name followed by the extension .CustomPocket, example jrmachHAAS.MillPst.CustomPocket

If you wanted something to have an Advanced Post page on a Profile operation then the .CustomPocket would be a separate Combo Box file of .CustomProfile.

Hope that helps a bit, I`m pretty rusty on this stuff, must be around 4/5 years since I played around with it

Regards
    Rob

Just for your information, I have managed to do it with a "shared" Custom file and if it helps you any here are all the files that work together, the BobCAD Pocket file with Profile finish, the Advanced Post Processor and the Custom milling file. The Pocket file was done in V28 Build 2067, let me know if you have an earlier version/build and I will do a BobCAD file in V26 for you, it all outputs fine here so I don`t see any reason why it wouldn`t work at your end

Have fun

Regards
    Rob

Rob,,,when I put everything in my PP,,it don't work

Perhaps you could look at my PP and try it ?

This is a untouched copy of my PP
    Attached Files Attached Files

James

It looks like your PP is not an advanced posting engine one, I am working on a duplicate of your PP that works and has all the tweaks etc

Could be a couple of hours or more depending on what/how many changes I will need to make

Regards
    Rob

James

Phew, don`t want to have to do that too many times

Attached is a modifed version of your original PP, I assume that it does work for your HAAS machine, if so then it should continue to do so but please, please double check all your code for at least the first few jobs you do, I have been doing lots and lots of typing and it is very easy to do a little "typo" here and there

I have slightly altered the name of the PP and the CustomMilling file so that it shouldn`t interfere with any of your existing files in your PP library, you should just be able to copy and paste into the Library and then in your job select the new PP as the default PP

Hope this works for you this time, I have done 3 different Combo Boxes in the CustomMilling file so you can see how the numbers (Particularly the Index ones) are laid out, all you need to do is place the call out line where you want it in the PP, I have left all 3 in there so just do a simple pocket with a profile finish and have a play changing the selections around to get the hang of it all

Because it is a "Shared" CustomMillling file it will be available on all 2 axis through 4 axis features so it may require some careful positioning of the call up lines to avoid things being called up where they are not wanted
    If you only want the single M31/M33 option then you can easily change the CustomMilling file to a CustomPocket file just by doing a re-name

Fingers crossed, enjoy

Regards
    Rob

TY

At least it showed up in code
    Not sure about turning off when I want
    after a few real life jobs I'LL know

wtf,,,,my PP is ancient?

"It looks like your PP is not an advanced posting engine one"

no idea what you talking about

TY

At least it showed up in code
    Not sure about turning off when I want
    after a few real life jobs I'LL know

wtf,,,,my PP is ancient?

"It looks like your PP is not an advanced posting engine one"

no idea what you talking about
    Glad it`s working for you, all`s well that ends well

Don`t know if your PP is old, it does seem to be a bit jumbled up but it does work so "ain`t broke so don`t fix it", the PP that I modified for you is an old V26 one that was known to work with the Advanced Posting so that is why I used it, originally uploaded by Al

No all PPs will accept the advanced posting, I have no idea why, something embedded in them I would expect ? ? ?

Regards
    Rob

Just to be clear,,the very last PP that you got to work was mine that I uploaded,,correct ?
    or
    it is a modified V26 ?

Just to be clear,,the very last PP that you got to work was mine that I uploaded,,correct ?
    or
    it is a modified V26 ?
    Modified V26 with all the stuff from your PP added to it to bring it up to the same as the one you uploaded and with the ability to do the Advance Posting so it will work exactly as your PP did plus what you wanted

gotcha,,,,
    you come Stateside,Idaho to be specific,,,dinner on me Rob

gotcha,,,,
    you come Stateside,Idaho to be specific,,,dinner on me Rob
    If I ever get over there I will certainly take up your offer, just as long as there is a nice baked potato with the steak

Looked Idaho up, looks like a great place to live, all that clean,fresh air, lucky guy

Regards
    Rob

you can have Lobster too,,,I really appreciate your time

You are welcome

Hey guys! I poke my head in every now and then but I don't get near the time I once had to participate. I assure you the loss is mine and I very much miss this forum and the old BCC forum. I could write encyclopedias with the knowledge milked from all of you I also still use BobCAD (V29) despite having MC. I still make a lot of the same parts (or revisions of them) that I've been making with BobCAD for over 10 years now. Every new version gets better and I find ways to save time on old files all the time. And it's much faster to program a revision with BobCAD than start all over in MC. I'm running these parts today - programmed in V26 - and I managed to shave 3 minutes off the final operation with some V29 enhancements and tweaks.

It's funny that I ran into this thread today because I was thinking of this exact problem a few days ago when I reprogrammed this part. I made multiple tweaks and I had to keep adding the M31 code manually each time to move the plastic shavings (they pile up fast). I remember jrmach made a thread on this some time ago but I wasn't able to follow up. Now I need it and here it is! This community continues to be a valuable asset and you guys have always been a part of it as long as I have been here. I am blessed to be a part of it! Nice work Rob, I'm going to hack this into my post and I will upload the result if I get it working, thank you!

jrmach, I think you were right there and I think I might see the problem. I'll look at your post as well for my own sake, I'm rusty on the VBScript and was never that great with it to begin with I'm glad to see you are all still well and active and I would love a meetup with all of you, we'll have to fight it out on who is buying beers and dinner
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mastercam X9/2017 Multiaxis for SolidWorks - Bobcad V29 3ax Pro 4ax Std.

Hi SBC,,,
    I bet you do get quite a mess with those parts
    nice to have the adv. post instead of either letting the auger run all the time/or having to edit it in the program/or babysit the machine and turn it on and off at will
    not a fan of wearing out something like a motor when it don't need to be running,,,on the same token not a fan of clogging up the coolant drain
    We don't need to fight over who buys drinks and dinner,,,I'll buy but,you guys leave the tip

I especially wanted to solve this riddle with advanced post with the upcoming part I got.It is a repeat job,,,and chips are flyin at times
    Note in picture a quarter///this part is pretty big compared to what I usually do
    Sure wish I had a bigger lathe to do part of that job

Also the optional stop is a bonus,as I have many parts I need to release vise and re-clamp after roughing and before finishing to tame the warp
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 013.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12