584,871 active members*
5,191 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Angry Fagor 8055m plc program

Hi, I am attempting to fit a Fagor 8055m controller to a basic Bridgeport mill, I bought the control cheap and with no PLC program or parameters. The parameters are no problem and I have managed to clear all the alarm messages except the last one which tells me the PLC is missing. I did get a floppy disk with it containing the parameters and PLC programs but these are clearly for machining centre and contain mostly unneeded program entries which leads to numerous error messages when I load the programs. Just to make life interesting the programs are written in Spanish which confuses things even more. I understand that I can remove most of the entries but not sure which because of the language. I have tried translating the entries but many of the terms are too technical. What I am looking for is a very basic program which sets the limits and references inputs and nothing else. I have waded through the documentation and it all seems confusing and ambiguous when all I want is something so simple and basic. Anyone out there with such a program they could share. Cheers dave

Re: Fagor 8055m plc program

you have to program PLC

Carlos Cabrera

Quote Originally Posted by kcho View Post
    you have to program PLC

Carlos Cabrera
    I eventually worked out how to write a PLC program using the installation manual examples, it is not very elegant but it does the job. Thanks,Dave

Bdrangdo, I have a simililar issue going on except I do not have a plc program at all. would you be able to send me pictures of your parameters that I could manually enter or do I need to install a plc program? any help would be greatly appreciated.