584,871 active members*
5,427 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Milltronics Partner 1 Series H Purchase

Milltronics Partner 1 Series H Purchase

Hi All.

I am a hobby machinist, but will be retiring from my day job soon. I am in the process of buying equipment to start a business making my own products. I've found a 1995 Partner 1 Series H that is a possible purchase. It is equipped with rigid tapping and 4th axis hardware. I have a few questions.

-Is this machine able to be run on single phase power for sure? I would just like confirmation of what I've read in other threads.

-Will I be able to get it into my garage? Door Height is 82" w/o removing trim. I can get it to 84" with some work.

-The machine is still under power and I can inspect it. What common problems should I look for? It has Centurion V controller.

-How is Fusion 360's post for Milltronics?

-Anything else you care to add

Thanks,

Buck

That is probably the number two machine I would pick for a garage period. Yes it will run on single phase. There are so many features that make it ideal for a garage. The coolant tank is only about 12 gallons, which means you don't have 80 gallons to deal with if it should go bad. It's short enough to fit under an 8' ceiling and go in a 7' wide door. Light enough to move with a heavy pallet jack. The fiberglass enclose tends to have it's drips, but never rusts. No auger means the chips can sit and drain, conserving coolant. Most were Grease lubricated, which means no tramp oil. Parts are relatively cheap and most are easy to get at. It has a granite composite base, this means the machine could be sitting on two feet and not twist the base, so leveling for tram isn't as critical. Now the things you'll probably need to mess with. Go ahead and keep a set of 7204 angular contact bearings on hand, ball screw thrust bearings. You will also need to know how to clean the tach feedback armature on your axis motors. It has to be done periodically and will make you think you have a bad thrust bearing. The number one machine I would pick would be a partner VM-17, but I'm unsure about running it on single phase with the AC drives.

Re: Milltronics Partner 1 Series H Purchase

Wow! That is quite an endorsement. I am going to go look at this mill before I buy it. Having communicated with the seller, he seems pretty decent.

I have one real reservation though. Listen to the spindle. It sounds funny.

https://youtu.be/_-udMC39CIs

Hi WFR, I hear most what sounds like belt noise. and the Z axis sounds like it needs bearings.

If I can get the machine serial # I will do some research on it.

The P1 machines are very "garage" friendly. The control will amaze you. The Milltronics are a solid machine.

see you PM I sent

sportybob

Hi Bob. I will call you today after work. Here is the Manufacturers plate.

You have a CSM spindle drive and motor. If they don't have the original manuals make sure IF you get them from Milltronics that they know that before they reprint it and you'll have correct electrical prints.

They had to send me pdf's of my P1H electrical as there records are good but have gaps in the options put on a 23 year old machine.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by rl49 View Post
    You have a CSM spindle drive and motor. If they don't have the original manuals make sure IF you get them from Milltronics that they know that before they reprint it and you'll have correct electrical prints.

They had to send me pdf's of my P1H electrical as there records are good but have gaps in the options put on a 23 year old machine.

Ron
    Thank you Ron.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I went to look at it today. Sellers are good people. They have good records, electrical manual, mechanical manuals and conversational programming manual. The spindle sounds very smooth. There is some X-axis ball screw wear. I will have to evaluate replacement vs re-grind / repair.

Anyway, the odessy begins. I bought it. I can't wait to get it home and start working on it.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

you still have this machine

Yes. Just used it to cut some splines on a jet pump drive shaft.

I have the sane one and it came with out the reset relay. I got the relay installed but still some wire that need to be connected the schematic don't show this other wire can you open the control panel on the back of the machine and send me a picture of how your is wire, this on this picture is the relay

The purple wire?

I need a picture of that relay on your front, top and bottom view if is possible. Thanks