586,024 active members*
3,801 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Buying new Chinese ATC spindle.

I am in the process of buying a 4.2kw, water cooled, BT30, ATC spindle for my cnc router. What I am doing is rectifying a mistake I made when purchasing the machine. I definitely should have ordered it with an ATC spindle but I guess I was trying to keep costs down. Well enough about that. I have decided on a Jianken JGL-110/4.2R24-30 4.2kw spindle in 220v. The spindle is listed on their site as 380v but I contacted them and they said it is available in 220v. So tomorrow I am going to wire the money and we'll see how thing go. I'll post an update once I get it installed.

Re: Buying new Chinese ATC spindle.

I'm interested in getting a ATC Spindle one day so I will be keen to see how you go.

I recently just finished installing a JGL-80 2.2kw ATC spindle (iso20 tool holder) on my 8-year-old Quick K6100A. So far, the spindle has been awesome. The K6100A now has 8 tools ready to go! I really should have done it years ago!

Besides the JGL spindle, the controller was switched from the old Richauto RZNC-0501 DSP to a Richauto A57 ATC DSP with color display. Thought about switching to Mach 3 but the old DSP worked well enough and I really like not having the CNC tied to a computer. It also keeps the whole setup nice and compact. One other nice feature the A57 has that the RZNC-0501 didn't have was spindle speed control using the "S" g-code.

Both Wafer from JGL and Brelion from Richauto have been very helpful with all my questions since there was almost no information online for exactly how to hook this up.

I did add a couple of convenience items that I thought would be helpful such as a control to automatically turn on and off the dust collector, manual tool release button, dust hood override button (off), and manual dust collector override button (off). Also added an extra airline for a blower under the dust hood which I will add when I figure out exactly how I'm going to set it up. A small modification was added to the post processor to turn on the dust collector at the start of the job, off between tool changes, and off again at the end of the job.

Originally I didn't think it was necessary to add an air pressure sensor. After almost forgetting to turn the air on a couple times, I realized how important it was. The A57 already was set up to accept a pressure sensor.

I know everyone likes picture do here you go.
    Attachment 390842

Attachment 390844

Attachment 390846

Attachment 390848

Attachment 390850

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dust Collector Actuator Front View.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	390852

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Manual Tool Release button.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	390854

Kenny

Looking good Kenny. I did wire the money the other day so now I am waiting with bated breath for it to arrive, probably a couple of weeks. I have been communicating with Wafer also, good to know I have a source for answers if needed. I am running Mach3 and am sure to have questions when I try to set up a tool rack, micro mist coolant on and off, dust collection on and off and so forth.

Well the spindle arrived about a week ago, looks great and has some documentation which makes me happy. Working 12hrs a day 7 days a week right now, so I am going to have to make some time to switch it out with the "old" one. I put old in quotes as the original spindle has maybe 40hrs on it total. Guess I have an expensive back-up spindle at least. Boy I really wish I would have gotten the atc spindle when I ordered the router. Well now I need to machine the new clamp and install the air solenoid valves and more. I'll check back in when I start to get some of this done.

I know I am probably alone in this thinking on here, I like doing things myself but at this point I just wish I could find someone to pay to set this up for me. I just don't have the time and want to get this installed so I can speed up operations.

You mind me asking how much these sell for? I hate messing with inquiries idk why sellers cant just show pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by jgwentworth96 View Post
    You mind me asking how much these sell for? I hate messing with inquiries idk why sellers cant just show pricing.
    All in with delivery and brokerage fees came in a little under 2k.

I recently ordered one of these spindles, however I'm having a hard time making sense of the tool change instructions. Do you mind describing your tool change procedure?
    Specifically, what is the purpose of the "air return" ?

Hi,

I've received my Jianken JGL 120 5.5KW ATC spindle. Unfortunately their user manual is not very helpful regarding connections. What Im interested in that they've got two sensor outputs. "11" and "22". I asked Wafer for more details but all she said that they are PNP sensors and 10-30V voltage should be applied but she doesn't know HOW?
    So I was wondering if anyone can help me out how to connect these sensors to Mach3. I certainly don't want to damage them by bad connection.
    Thank you

the wiring of pnp sensors is standard
    https://automation-insights.blog/201...sensor-wiring/

Quote Originally Posted by extent View Post
    the wiring of pnp sensors is standard
    https://automation-insights.blog/201...sensor-wiring/
    Thanks. What Im interested in is if someone has successfully connected these outputs on their spindle. I want to avoid problems and the PNP sensors may not PNP but NPN. With the Chinese you would never know.

NPN sensors follow the same standard, you won't damage the sensor by hooking it up to power, and you should be able to tell with a multimeter on the signal line whether it's really NPN or PNP. I was pretty sure that my 4.4kw spindle had NPN sensors in it, and had a good wiring diagram in the manual, but I'd have to check and who knows if it's the same as your 5kw

Hello KDRusty, None and 520052, Just wondering how your getting on with your ATC spindle a year later. Any problems? are you happy with the exact model you got or wish you got one slightly different? Did you get it from China JGL-80 1.5kw 2.2kw 2.5kw 24000rpm 40000rpm ISO20 ATC Cnc Spindle Motor Suppliers, Manufacturers and Factory - Customized Products - Jingjiangcity Jianken High-Speed Electricmotor Co.,Ltd

Thanks

i am hooking up a spindle setup like this now...
    brown 12 volt +
    blue 12 volt -
    black i ran to pin 11 on my bob..make sure they have opti drivers built in..in mach i activated pin 11 to pop on a light

on my other black sensor 2 i will probably wire it to an input to activate the solenoid for the tool clean off..
    let me know if you need any help..or send me a pm i can give you my number...i looked for help and couldnt find anything on this..it took me 2 weeks to figure it out but i got it.