584,802 active members*
4,930 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Autodesk > Fusion 360 radius dish

Fusion 360 radius dish

I’m new to fusion 360 and relatively new to cad in general. I’m attempting to model a radius dish and am sure it’s something simple but it has me stumped. Basically it’s a 24” circle that’s 0.75” deep and has a dished surface with a radius of 25’. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Re: Fusion 360 radius dish

Sketch half the profile and revolve it. I don't have Fusion here, so I'm not sure of the exact name of the revolve command.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I just bought one of those from Luthiers Mercantile except 15' radius.
    Cheaper than i can make it.
    What guitar are you making?i

I haven't got the style down that i want to build yet but I'm most likely going with a grand auditorium style body and then doing a cantilevered neck.

I realize i could buy one cheaper than making one but I also know i could use the practice with F360

There are many ways to skin a cat. What I ended up doing was making a rectangle that was 0.75” tall and 24” long. I then made a vertical line and used the tangent and centerline functions to place it vertically through the center of the rectangle. After that I made a 3 point arc with a circumference of 300” and used the coincident tool to place the arc on the top corners of the rectangle. From there I used the push pull function with the equal to both sides to extrude the rectangle to a thickness of 0.0625”. I then extruded the arc across the 0.0625” depth and then the same with the vertical line through the body. I then split bodies with the arc and vertical line and removed the bodies I didn’t need. This left me with a 12” long body that had the arc in the top of it. Using the revolve function I chose the large face of the body that I had and chose the axis to revolve it around which was the face of the smallest height. After revolving full it makes a 24” circle with a 25’ radius dish

If you have a look through the fusion forum there are quite a few guitar guys there
    http://danielscnc.webs.com/

being disabled is not a hindrance it gives you attitude
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Creekrat, this would be easily done in solids, 24' sphere and rectangular solid,
    boolean subtraction about 5 minutes to do the drawing , then direct to the CNC. does 360 do solids?

What grand auditorium plans are you starting with ?

I am doing dreadnaught molds and side benders from Georgia Luthiers Supply plans,
    they are great drawings full sized and verified a few times.
    Been doing this too long

Quote Originally Posted by bostosh View Post
    Creekrat, this would be easily done in solids, 24' sphere and rectangular solid,
    boolean subtraction about 5 minutes to do the drawing , then direct to the CNC. does 360 do solids?
    I'm not sure about the solids in Fusion but there is bound to be a similar function. All told, the way i did it took me about 5 minutes or so as well.

[QUOTE=What grand auditorium plans are you starting with ?[/QUOTE]

I haven't got any plans yet and want to work on a couple tele builds first and then most likely a cnc router build.

Go to Grabcad for starter files.
    Been doing this too long