584,812 active members*
5,395 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mazak Super Turbo communicating to windows 7 PC

Hello We currently use a program called Filezilla to transfer files from the mazak controller to our PC. Mazak explained that it was being used because we have an older firmware on the mazak. I would like to know what other options we have to transfer files from the controller, Ideally it would be nice to have the mazak send files to our file server, but i do not understand how that would work fully. How are permissions setup on Active Directory for the Mazak? IS there a serial cable that can be ran between the PC and the mazak controller?
    Currently we have 2 subnets and the PC and the Laser our on separate networks, but can we joined if needed.

thanks for any help or advice.

Re: Mazak Super Turbo communicating to windows 7 PC

How are you linked to the machine right now? Most older machines use RS232.
    http://www.heavymetalcnc.com

Quote Originally Posted by Heavymetalcnc View Post
    How are you linked to the machine right now? Most older machines use RS232.
    I'm so sorry Heavymetalcnc, I did not see that anyone replied to this post from my control panel. I do not see any cables going from the mazak to the PC, so I don't believe we use the rs232 cable.
    I would say its all done through FTP on our current network that is about to be dismissed and move to our new domain.

If I were to setup another FTP, is there one that is a standard that most people use? Mazak didnt seem to provide any information on going with filezilla or using it currently in our process. we currently use Sigmanest to create the nested files, we just need a way to move those over to the Mazak controller via Ethernet.

Re: Mazak Super Turbo communicating to windows 7 PC

Which is the mazak controller? Matrix, FUsion, 640??