585,712 active members*
3,788 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Installing tools to/removing from ATC magazine - Okuma MX-45VAE

Installing tools to/removing from ATC magazine - Okuma MX-45VAE

I've always installed tools to my Okuma by putting them in the spindle first and loading them to the ATC magazine from there. I want to be familiar with loading them directly into the magazine as well.

My instruction manual says this: Load the tools specified on the program process sheet into the corresponding tool pots - make a memo of the correspondence between the tool number and the tool pot number. Push the tool into the tool pot second to the left of the tool pot at the magazine indexing position (bottom end), while pulling the pot unclamp lever. The tool will be held in the tool pot by spring action.

As far as I can see, there is no such lever. My best guess is to just push the tool into the pot (any pot). And to remove, just use a small pry bar. Am I wrong?

Re: Installing tools to/removing from ATC magazine - Okuma MX-45VAE

Look in your tool box, if it didnt have the lever or electric tool release, they came with what looks like a small shovel to pop out the tools.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Re: Installing tools to/removing from ATC magazine - Okuma MX-45VAE

Awesome answer underthetire. Thanks. I did have a thought to check the tool box, but I hadn't. Unfortunately, we don't have the tool as we bought the machine used. I don't know how I would find the part number for the tool. Any thoughts (other than calling up my local machine tool supplier and having them tell me it costs $1000)?