584,866 active members*
5,054 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Amada LC1212 A2 with fanuc series 16L

hello experts, im in need of a few things regarding a older Amada laser cutter, there was no manuals with the machine and this is my first time with a laser cutter,
    if anyone have experience with this machine and have PDF files I can have that would be great,
    i have just connected the machine and now it says in my alarm screen GAUGE BLOCK UP and its in emergensy state, normaly when you power up a machine there is a control power butten but i dont seem to see any on my screen, the gauge are up alarm are they refering to the stoppers on the table? or is there more gauge block other places on the machine?
    thanks in advance.

Attachment 391046Attachment 391048Attachment 391050

Re: Amada LC1212 A2 with fanuc series 16L

Send me an email. I can send you some information. Your 1st picture, very front of machine under table, you can see aluminum cylinder. That is for X gauge block. It has plastic prox switch mounted on the side of it. Common for them to break off.

[email protected]

Gauge blocks are usually the stoppers for the sheet metal. Located on the end of the table and near the clamps. White button under the e-stop on the end of your table should be the gauge block up/down button. Check to
    see if the emergency stop is stuck as well. These tables have lots of issues regarding the clamps and roller balls and part chute. I have some experience with a similar machine, so message any time.

thanks for your reply, I appreciate it a lot. thanks. I also have a problem with the siemens safe guard relay on my screen it reads SAFETY STOP so we have traced it back to the 2 siemens component's that I hope we can repair, another question. does anyone have some documentation on transferring programs via cable? I need to do a complete backup of parameters etc. and does anyone have a post processor for this machine?

Quote Originally Posted by kpq View Post
    thanks for your reply, I appreciate it a lot. thanks. I also have a problem with the siemens safe guard relay on my screen it reads SAFETY STOP so we have traced it back to the 2 siemens component's that I hope we can repair, another question. does anyone have some documentation on transferring programs via cable? I need to do a complete backup of parameters etc. and does anyone have a post processor for this machine?
    I emailed you schematic. Look at page 47 I/O card input 12. I would use PCMCIA type 1 card for parameters. I have been using Redback 6MB Sram with good results. Transfer programs with Null Modem cable. Once you determine software you are using on your PC, communication parameters will have to be matched. Baud rate, Stops bits etc.