585,712 active members*
3,590 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Novakon > Torus Pro Servo E-Stop Question.

Torus Pro Servo E-Stop Question.

Hi folks, its been a while since my Torus Pro Servo edition has been assembled and working. So long, that I forgot how things operate...

If I remeber correctly, when I physically haulted the E-Stop (Button) not software side. I recall the main power being shut off to the drivers and VFD. A reset of the E-Stop enabled the power and the Servo drives rebooted along with the VFD.

Can anyone comfirm with me if this true?

Right now I need to confirm this and see if I can use another Pin on the driver for a fault etc.

Thanks,

Crosshatch

Re: Torus Pro Servo E-Stop Question.

Don't have to be too bright to be me

Re: Torus Pro Servo E-Stop Question.

With the stock wiring, the FAULT outputs from the servo drives are wire-ORed into the one of the E-Stop circuits on the BOB. Whenever E-Stop is asserted, whether due to hitting a limit, hitting one of the E-Stop switches, or a servo fault, ALL of the Step/Dir outputs from the BOB are disabled by logic on the BOB. The drives are left powered, but no longer receive step pulses, so the axes all stop as quickly as they can. Similarly, the spindle drive outputs (control voltage and FWD/REV signals) are also de-activated by the same logic on the BOB, so the spindle also stops as quickly as it can.

Regards,
    Ray L.

Quote Originally Posted by SCzEngrgGroup View Post
    With the stock wiring, the FAULT outputs from the servo drives are wire-ORed into the one of the E-Stop circuits on the BOB. Whenever E-Stop is asserted, whether due to hitting a limit, hitting one of the E-Stop switches, or a servo fault, ALL of the Step/Dir outputs from the BOB are disabled by logic on the BOB. The drives are left powered, but no longer receive step pulses, so the axes all stop as quickly as they can. Similarly, the spindle drive outputs (control voltage and FWD/REV signals) are also de-activated by the same logic on the BOB, so the spindle also stops as quickly as it can.

Regards,
    Ray L.
    Good to know, thinking I'm going to change to that setup and not cut all the power.

Regards,

Jason