584,842 active members*
4,537 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Issues with AXYZ Millennium Router ToolPath

Issues with AXYZ Millennium Router ToolPath

Hi,
    I'm new to the forum, so hopefully I got this to the right place to get an answer.

My metal shop has an AXYZ Millenium router that is in excellent condition, but nobody there knows how to use, and I've been spending some time trying to figure it out. The computer connected to it has some version of "ToolPath" installed on it; however, I am unsure of what version it is past the information that it requires Windows 95/98 or higher.

I've been writing CAM for the machine using HSMWorks and importing it into ToolPath as GCode .nc files with a postprocessor that the metal shop was able to provide, which works, but with some inconsistencies. For example, if I program an "Adaptive Clearing" operation with helical interpolation, the router will perform a straight plunge in place of the spiral path if it cuts multiple depths, but it will do the spiral perfectly fine if there are is only a single depth. In addition, if I am doing very small circular pockets, the software will sometimes read them correctly, but also sometimes read only the first quarter or half of the arc, rather than full circles. There are other minor inconsistencies that occur, but the software largely reads the GCode correctly.

I guess, my question is, are the issues related to the post processor I am using? If so, how can I get a post processor that will work correctly? If not, what is the issue? Is the version of ToolPath I'm using simply not able to handle complex GCode?

Also, is there any way that I can get a newer version of the ToolPath software that runs the machine, or some other way to control the machine besides ToolPath, in order to fix these problems? I know the company website sells a newer version, but I'm not sure if this version will be compatible with the Millenium router.

Thanks

P.S: Here's the post processor (as a text file) I've been using, in case it helps.

Re: Issues with AXYZ Millennium Router ToolPath

Hello,

I have similar problem at the moment. I just acquired an used one (Millennium) at an industrial auction.
    I don't have any manual and even missing the interface sticker buttons at the front. I was able
    to make it move in manual but when I go trough menus I don't really know what I am doing, I am just trying
    some stuff..

I have Toolpath for Windows & DNC programs on the PC that was included in the auction. It seems the communication
    works but Toolpath program is a pain, it's not friendly at all to program something and when I try to send program
    to the machine I'm always getting an error at different lines regarding X values or something...

I wish I could use Vectric/Vcarve/Aspire to do my programs but it seems the post-processor
    Vectric offer is not included. I read somewhere it may be linked to the old controller too (AMC instead of the recent one A2MC).

I am trying to create the good post-processor at the moment. I am following Vectric PDF regarding creation and checking comparison
    of 2 similar programs. I started by doing simple 2 circles and a lines. In Vectric, I do a toolpath with external contour on 1 circle,
    another toolpath with internal contour of the other circle and the line is done at the center.

I tried to do the same on the AXYZ Toolpath program but it seems I am not getting it working.

As I understand at the moment, we need to make group of different lines. Each group have different options.
    Afterwards you need to apply what to do on each different groups and export the file. I tried it but G-Code appears
    that I wasn't able to make it like on VCarve.

I will take a look at your post-processor maybe we could combine some stuff together...?
    AXYZ Millennium router CNC: https://goo.gl/gxvdcA
    Glass cutting CNC table: https://goo.gl/VrDqGD

Re: Issues with AXYZ Millennium Router ToolPath

Just got a quick look to your p-p.

Your post-processor is alot bigger than what I have on VCarve!
    It looks similar to C++ language. Vectric post-processor are not that advanced.

Autodesk seems to implemented alot more stuff into I don't know or
    maybe it's for more advanced AXYZ machines ?
    AXYZ Millennium router CNC: https://goo.gl/gxvdcA
    Glass cutting CNC table: https://goo.gl/VrDqGD