We've recently bought a Unich LXM1325 from China with an X-A rotary axis. I run the machine with no issues when doing 2D or flat 3D carvings using the ModelMaster 3 axis flat (.mmg) post processor with Artcam. The machine works amazing and I have had no issues with it when carving flat. However when I try the rotary axis with a 3D rotary project on Artcam I cannot figure out which post processor to use to get the machine to carve rotary. I tried ModelMaster 3 Axis rotary X-A (.mmg) but the machine does not carve along the X axis (rotary axis) like I have designed on Artcam, instead it carves along the Y axis and the X/rotary axis turns about 90 degrees and does not carve what I have designed. (For some odd reason it doesn't matter what length project I design either it always carves a 90 degree section perfectly flat 7 7/16" long) I have tried Vectric Aspire too as it has a much better system for designing rotary projects I find, however I cannot find a post processor that works with my machine. I have tried the Mach 2/3 Wrap X2A ATC (inch) (.txt) post processor in Aspire but it comes up with a Y soft limit error on the CNC machine every time.
Unfortunately, as it seems with all Chinese bought CNC machines, the customer service is appalling and I don't seem to be getting much helpful response from them as to which post processor works. I have seen videos of identical machines carving rotary so I know they are perfectly capable, I just seem to be missing some valuable information.
I have a RichAuto DSP controller if that helps at all.
Has anyone else had this issue before? I'd be extremely curious to hear what you know. My appreciation in advance