585,733 active members*
4,989 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Feature request

I love Planet CNC TNG so far in my evaluation and I'm wondering if Planet CNC can comment on the following feature requests.

1. Ability to resize the axis DROs.
    2. Ability to change the location of the Run, Stop, pause, and Estop buttons.
    3. More time readouts...Program est. Run time and
    Run time with ability to clear or reset.
    4. Cutter compensation. I tested with the old version, seemed to work ok but it was not calculating the tool diameter correctly.
    5. Jog mode buttons. Ability to set the jog mode for step distance.

I is a significant investment to switch my machine to a new control so I'm looking for some indication on where the software is headed so I can fully commit to switching.

Thanks,
    Fred

Re: Feature request

1, 2 UI enhancement and customization is planned, however we want to do everything related to g-code and machine operation first.
    3. Time readouts are problematic. There is no good way to calculate time except in simple cases. You can add "percent complete" value to your parameter tabs.
    4. Cutter compensation in old version works correctly. However it requires correct lead-in move and is more or less useless. We plan to make useful cutter compensation routines. It is one of our top priorities.
    5. I do not understand this request.

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetCNC View Post
    1, 2 UI enhancement and customization is planned, however we want to do everything related to g-code and machine operation first.
    3. Time readouts are problematic. There is no good way to calculate time except in simple cases. You can add "percent complete" value to your parameter tabs.
    4. Cutter compensation in old version works correctly. However it requires correct lead-in move and is more or less useless. We plan to make useful cutter compensation routines. It is one of our top priorities.
    5. I do not understand this request.
    I may be overlooking this, I was looking to find a way to be able to toggle the step distance while jogging, for example I would select single step of .001 in. Or select .010 in if desired. I hope this makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by yar20 View Post
    I may be overlooking this, I was looking to find a way to be able to toggle the step distance while jogging, for example I would select single step of .001 in. Or select .010 in if desired. I hope this makes sense.
    Also, is there any plans to add naming of inputs and outputs.
    It would be nice to be able to assign a name and then the name could be shown as a hint when viewing the i/o tab.

Re: Feature request

Sure, you can configure Step jog value, you do that in settings under: File/Settings/Control/Jogging/Step Distance -> insert desired value

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetCNC View Post
    Sure, you can configure Step jog value, you do that in settings under: File/Settings/Control/Jogging/Step Distance -> insert desired
    Ok, but I was looking to be able to select the jog mode much like when using a handwheel. I see now this is not currently available. Any plans to implement this?