585,759 active members*
3,904 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Partner 1F move pictures

Partner 1F move pictures

I figured for people looking to move a mill I can post as many details as possible. I worked out every detail to a T and it went off without a hitch (well actually with a hitch and a 2 and 5/16 ball)

(No picture of the first part unfortunately) The head was brought down and braced against the table with a hunk of 4x4. The table was braced against the column (ran in under power so there was a little tension). Then a single 2" wide strap was ran around the front of the table and over behind the head and fastened to itself and tensioned. This way the head and table where under tension but not being pulled on.

I rented a hydraulic liftbed trailer (6x12 dual axel) from sunbelt rentals. This was the key to making everything go smooth for me. The garage has a bit of a slope that went out about 8 feet from the opening and about 10" of drop.

The mill was loaded with a forklift and tweaked into position along with another piece of equipment I purchased. I held the machine in place by running the leveling legs down until a 3/8 chain barely wrapped around smoothly. then used a load binder and the built in chain holders on the trailer. One on each leg going out at a diagonal. This was the only strapping and the machine didn't budge for the 200 mile trip.

Got home Friday just before dinner time. Parked and threw tarps over everything for the night.

This is where the hydraulic power came into play. Brought the lip of the trailer over into the garage and just lowered it until it touched.

I bought a 5000 lbs capacity short fork pallet jack off of the friend of a friend network that was perfect.

Unbound the machine pushed the pallet jack all the way under, then backed it out a couple inches to get enough clearance for the handle to move up and down enough. Using 2x4s and some 1/2" boards I shimmed the forks up pretty tight to minimize the lift. and it just rolled into the garage with some straining but nothing crazy.

From there I took the feet off and it was transferred onto HF vehicle dollies (a 2x4 piece filled the v gap), and steered with a pry bar into position. Then used a jack to repositioned the dollies that shifted slightly and were in the way of the pallet jack forks then and transferred back to the pallet jack with 4x4 spacers. Dollies removed. Feet reinstalled and vibration pads placed under.

Including a lunch break, short afternoon nap and a run to the store it took maybe 6 hours going slow and easy. A chunk of that was moving the smaller machine because it fit my lifting equipment worse and took some back and forth. to get it lifted with a cherry picker shop crane.

Re: Partner 1F move pictures

All in all A nice job. one thing worth mentioning, Once again I see the Z axis held up by putting the block under the nose of the spindle. That does not help the spindle bearings at all. That's $2K of bearings in that spindle.
    place the block behind the spindle nose !!!

sportybob

Thought I did enough research before the move, but apparently I missed that little gem. Hopefully all is well. Slowly working through getting everything setup. Had a few things vibrate loose inside the electronics enclosure but nothing damaged and everything is working again.

One of the Stops might be slightly out of place. Jogging the X I went too far and had the machine fault out. Had to power down and turn it by hand just a tiny bit and then when powered back up everything was fine again.

Hi Yugami, To jog off the limit switch, coming out of an estop error 450, press and continue to hold in the reset button, go to F2 jog and jog away.

sportybob