585,762 active members*
4,100 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Using pinch valves for cooling/lubrication circuit in machine tool

Post Using pinch valves for cooling/lubrication circuit in machine tool

Hi Everyone
    I have one question about the cooling/lubrication circuit of machine centres (or machine tool in general). What kind of valve is normally used to control (on/off) the flux of cooling/lubrication circuit of those machines? Are pinch valves suitable for the purpose or using standard ball valve or angle seat valve is still the best choice? I've seen the pinch valves of some supplier and I found them a very good product, not suitable for high pressure but only till 4 or 6 bar. They are compact and easy to control, I'm wondering if anyone has ever seen them in some machines and if you would suggest to use them against the ball/angle seat valves.
    Any comment/suggestion is really appreciate. Thanks a lot
    Emanuel

Any ideas? Anybody has experience with that? Thanks

Re: Using pinch valves for cooling/lubrication circuit in machine tool

Industrial machines dont usually have any automated valves in the coolant system. The coolant I am referring to is for the workpiece / tool interface.

Hi generaldisarray, thanks for your answer! Yes, I'm referring to the cooling/lubrication system for the workpiece/tool interface.

You are right, some machines have one pump that is directly connected to all the lubrication points. When the pump goes off, the lubrication starts and sometimes it is kept activated the full time. But I've seen some machines where each single lubrication point is controlled by a valve. For example, difference sources of lubricant are activated when different sizes of tool are used, to properly spray the contact part ...

My question is about that valve: would be a pinch valve a good choice? Any idea about machines where this is actually used successfully?

Thank you!
    Emanuel