585,743 active members*
5,118 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

strange behavior of servo motor and its driver

Hi there

I am experiencing all strange things in my latest 2*4 CNC wood cutting Router project.

The latest problem is as follow:
    All my four 750 Delta servo Motors were running nicely, at early stage of my project, but after few days after I tried to put all my cables in the E chain, and finishing my electrical Box and so on, I experienced a strange behavior from most of my Motors.
    With my mach3 controller on I get Alarm (AL 06 ) from my motors Drivers
    (It actually means that I should have the following problems

• The device has exceeded its rated load during continuous operation
    • Control system parameter setting is incorrect
    • The wiring of motor and encoder is in error
    • The encoder of the motor is in erro

knowing that I have not even started to work with my machine, and I have not changed my parameters, Therefore I think that my problem should be because of the last 2 issues from the above list

Also If I turn off my controller as I start my motors at first all my Driver displays show the value if 00000 but, after few minutes the numbers on my Driver's Digital Display start to climb and/or Increase and all of a sudden at least one of the motors creates a sudden very Loud Sound and shake.

Please let me know what could be the cause of this, and How can I check for the cause of the problem, I think it should be some wiring problem but I do not know how to find it and consequently fix it.

regards
    jhonansaro

Re: strange behavior of servo motor and its driver

You stated that your motors were running perfect. If I understand you correctly, you re-positioned your cables and started having problems.
    1. Re-Check all wiring, especially encoder cables.
    2. DO NOT wire HVoltage ie motor drive cables next to encoder cables.
    3. Re-Check all connections.

If the above does not work, disconnect all except one servo drive, note its performance.
    Re-connect the next drive and do the same above. Continue until you can duplicate the problem.

Post some pictures of your set-up.

Hope this helps,

Iron-Man

Quote Originally Posted by johnansaro View Post
    Hi there

I am experiencing all strange things in my latest 2*4 CNC wood cutting Router project.

The latest problem is as follow:
    All my four 750 Delta servo Motors were running nicely, at early stage of my project, but after few days after I tried to put all my cables in the E chain, and finishing my electrical Box and so on, I experienced a strange behavior from most of my Motors.
    With my mach3 controller on I get Alarm (AL 06 ) from my motors Drivers
    (It actually means that I should have the following problems

• The device has exceeded its rated load during continuous operation
    • Control system parameter setting is incorrect
    • The wiring of motor and encoder is in error
    • The encoder of the motor is in erro

knowing that I have not even started to work with my machine, and I have not changed my parameters, Therefore I think that my problem should be because of the last 2 issues from the above list

Also If I turn off my controller as I start my motors at first all my Driver displays show the value if 00000 but, after few minutes the numbers on my Driver's Digital Display start to climb and/or Increase and all of a sudden at least one of the motors creates a sudden very Loud Sound and shake.

Please let me know what could be the cause of this, and How can I check for the cause of the problem, I think it should be some wiring problem but I do not know how to find it and consequently fix it.

regards
    jhonansaro
    Have you use the correct shielded cables for the Encoders cables, the shields have to be terminated correctly also
    Mactec54

Hi there

Thanks a lot for your replies, and advice.
    As you mentioned, I have done some silly mistakes and 2 of my encoder cables were misplaced.
    and after I correct that mistake all is fine now.

regards
    jhonansaro