585,744 active members*
4,800 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Exclamation Help !!! Need someone to setup my machine im in Independence Kansas

I have all but given up on getting my cnc router up and running. I have tried every which combination trying to setup the mach 3 software. I had it setup on my home pc doing a trial run. I put it out in my garage and tried running my laptop and non of my settings worked with the inputs and outputs. I now have swapped out the computers with my home pc out there. Anyone living near the area I will pay you to come out and get me up in running. If not im just going to sell everything and get out CNC completely. I have a new 3 axis controller board and a new xylotex power supply and fan. The router has a new mount machined of aluminum for my rotozip. The router is a 22x20 area and a z of about 5". It has thompson quickslides, all aluminum construction the base is steel. It also has limit switches on all axis. I need help getting this up and running please. So feel free to email me directly. [email protected]

what motors do you have?did you have it running before you moved into the garage?if you have mach2 on the pc as well its alot easier to get up and running first,than mess with 3 later,just a thought
    steve

what are the symptoms?when you turn on mach and the power supply do the motors lock up?they should

Yes I have mach 3 using xp pro. Um yes the motors lock when powered up I did have it up and running cutting out the roadrunner. I wrote down my exact settings and now I cant get it going. I know its in the software in inputs and outputs but im lost.

Does it act as if mach 3 is not hooked up....does the dro show its moving but it really isnt...If so check that the port address in the pins and port page matches the address on the computer you are using.....also make sure there is a check mark in the port 1 enabled box..
    Jim

ok im new to all this where do I find the computer settings I need to match?