584,858 active members*
4,688 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

C62 SCHP error

Well I finally got the C62 board wired, configured and working last Saturday. I ended up configuring the inputs as 5V, Common=ground and I set up the SCHP with Port 2, Pin 17 enabled and the dip switches configured 1-off, 2-on, 3-off, 4-on to enable the SCHP and the Gecko 201's that I'm using. I used the C34G201 for connections from the RJ45 plug to the Gecko drivers. The jumpers on the C34G201's were set to "hard enable". All motors could be jogged, the home and limit switches worked and the emergency switch also worked except that it didn't trigger the Reset button on the Mach 3 screen (the limit switches do trigger it). I'm using the E-Stop terminal provided on the board. I thought maybe by running a jumper from the E-Stop common to the limit and home commons Mach 3 Reset might recognize when the E-Stop was enabled. When I did so however, the board went into fault mode with the LED error lights lit on the drivers and the LED Standby and SCHP also lit. I removed the jumper but since then I haven't been able to get rid of the error lights. The only thing I changed from when everything was working to now was to connect the E-Stop common to the other input (home and limit) commons. I tested the voltage on the E-Stop terminal and noticed it was 12V. Could I have burned something out by connecting it to the 5V inputs? I appreciate any ideas. Thanks.

Re: C62 SCHP error

Curtis,

I think wiring the e-stop line into input could have damaged the board if the input was set to work at +5vdc. The e-stop works on the same voltage of what is powering the board. But I think it would have damage the input pin, not the e-stop. Could it be a configuration issue? Try disabling the input pin you used for this test.

Arturo Duncan
    https://cnc4pc.com

Arturo,

Actually, the inputs for the limit switches still work; i.e., they trigger a reset on the Mach 3 screen. The home switches of course don't work since they require a command to the drivers which the SCHP error won't allow. I went ahead and disabled the limits and homes in the config. but the SCHP error persists.

Curtis E

Curtis,

As I told you on the ticket. I think the e-stop circuit is dead. It must have gotten damaged when you tried to use a different common. I think you need to replace the board. It is not cost effective for both of us to try and repair it. I added one at 30% to your shopping cart.

One last test you may want to do:

- Measure the voltage of both terminals for e-stop using the ground of what is powering the board. The e-stop is active low, so one terminal has the voltage of what is powering the board and the other one is the input which is pulled down, so one terminal should have +12 or +24vdc and the other one ground. Maybe the problem is just the common, and you could use the board's voltage as common.

Arturo Duncan

Thanks Arturo,

I'll go ahead and order a new board. I tested the voltage on the E-stop and either the polarity is reversed or the terminal is mislabeled since I get -12V when putting the positive probe on "E-stop" and the negative probe on "E-stop common".

Curtis E