585,749 active members*
3,778 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

The trouble with SE

The trouble with SE should be obvious by looking at the number of posts here.
    No one is using it, there is no pool of users to help answer question. There is a news group, but the activity is light. There is no knowlegebase on the SE website. Man, its scary to invest the time learning about a tool like this.

I have been using the free 2-D version, and it has its minor issues, but overall its a fairly easy to use CAD program. But I ran into a problem were text on the part does not show up in the DXF export. I have looked everywhere and can't find the answer and there is really no one to ask.

I thought I had the same problem, but I found there was a setting under options (in the Lazy cam program) to ignore text. Changed that option and there it was. While I'm no expert on Cad or Cam programs, SE seems fairly user friendly.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Mastercam User View Post
    Solid Edge is about the become the best mid-priced modeler in the world and you're going to see many users switch to Solid Edge from SolidWorks and Inventor. It's called Synchronous Technology and only Solid Edge and UG NX will have it.
    http://jonbanquer.baywords.com/
    Sure it is. And you know this because of your extensive experience with the product, correct? Oh wait, you've never used it.

So you are simply repeating a bunch of buzzwords and press releases again, hyping a product based solely on info spoon fed to you by the manufacturer?

Cool

I think he knew somebody's brother's neighbor's sister in-law's husband....and he had a broshure. So now Jon is an expert who has been published on a blog...oops not that one, it was taken down for failure to follow the rules.

He's on another one now....I think it's the same place he download a cracked version of Mastercam...oh yeah, PiratesBay, that's where.

And since his latest cracked version is so new...he needs training, so that's why he's the "Mastercam User'. He can get help here, he was banned from eMastercam for running cracked copied software.

But for Solidedge, I like it. We have a classroom with about 30 seats here and the students seem to like it just fine.

oh, Jon...how long before they get tired of you again here at CNCZone?

What was that you said about CNCZone's policy concerning ads, eh?

Did you ever find that shiny ring binder you were going to add to the .pdf file printout and then add your name to the contributors?

CC

I'm an SE user, and to me it's more a cnczone thing than proportional to the number of users world wide. I think SE is a lot bigger in Europe, for example the all the Volvo logotyped companies uses SE, and Catia, and Solidworks...

Oh BTW, keep the flaming out and stay on a descent level in your debating (this is not the president campaign).

Quote Originally Posted by Joe788 View Post
    Sure it is. And you know this because of your extensive experience with the product, correct? Oh wait, you've never used it.

So you are simply repeating a bunch of buzzwords and press releases again, hyping a product based solely on info spoon fed to you by the manufacturer?
    I know this post was made before ST came out, but I have to tell you, I have it now at work, and it is amazing. I don't get to use the synchronous technology features too frequently because most of my parts now are sheet metal and they haven't implemented ST in sheet metal yet, but for the solid parts, it is very cool.

It is a non-history based, yet still fully parametric modeling system. I'm not sure about their "100x performance increase" unless you were making some really bizarre parts, but so far it is very good. And I've even gotten used to their new "Microsoft Office 2007" GUI. That took a while though.