584,817 active members*
4,550 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Understanding manual tool release wiring diagram for HSD ES919 Spindle

Understanding manual tool release wiring diagram for HSD ES919 Spindle

Hey Guys I'm struggling understanding how to wire up my HSD manual tool release and was looking if someone can help me figure this out!

So im confused how to hook up the wires on the pigtail. I understand pin 7 wire will go to a 24v power supply, I dont understand what I connect the pin 8 wire to? Is "P" something I have to add or something that was possibly on the old Controller board or something inside the spindle itself? Andddd I dont understand "C" and "E" lol Any help would be greatly appreciate!

Thanks
    -Benny

Re: Understanding manual tool release wiring diagram for HSD ES919 Spindle

So I discussed this further with a friend and I think I have a little better understanding-- or at least enough to test a theory. is the 8 "Button Output" an optional connection for an external control? IE controller software?

Looks like the button just connects pins 7 and 8 on the connector. You need to supply 24V power and an air solenoid at the minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by muibubbles View Post
    Hey Guys I'm struggling understanding how to wire up my HSD manual tool release and was looking if someone can help me figure this out!

So im confused how to hook up the wires on the pigtail. I understand pin 7 wire will go to a 24v power supply, I dont understand what I connect the pin 8 wire to? Is "P" something I have to add or something that was possibly on the old Controller board or something inside the spindle itself? Andddd I dont understand "C" and "E" lol Any help would be greatly appreciate!

Thanks
    -Benny
    Hi,
    I am in the same situation, I only want to use the button to do tool changes. Did you ever figure this out?
    thanks
    Rob

Ok, I got it...
    It is all about the solenoid (Not Supplied). I originally thought the their was a solenoid within the unit itself.

Need to wire 8 pin (Button output) inline with the solenoid (Normally Closed).

Quote Originally Posted by rchristie View Post
    Ok, I got it...
    It is all about the solenoid (Not Supplied). I originally thought the their was a solenoid within the unit itself.

Need to wire 8 pin (Button output) inline with the solenoid (Normally Closed).

Hello . I have the same problem. I have a es929 but can not figured out how to put it to work the release tool.
    Can somebody help?. And explain about the solenoid and the pin 8