After thinking about it for a while, I decided to install limit switches on my Mill Turn machine. I found only one or two examples of limit switches installed on Shopmaster machines and nothing on the Mill Turn machine. I'm still not sure how useful limit switches will be, but I have crashed all of the movements at one time or another even though I use soft limits.

My goals for the addition of the switches were as follows;

1) Robust- Able to withstand long term use without being fiddley or impeding the full movement of the machine.

2) Coolant proof- I often times use flood coolant.

3) Switches must be out of the way of the tailstock movement or the steady rest (if installed).

The switches are relatively cheap, Chinese made, and purchased from Ebay. They have a seal and claim to be waterproof. The double shielded 18/2 AWG wire was the most expensive component at $5 a foot and was sized to be water tight in the switch strain relief rubber grommets. Being deathly afraid of breaking a drill or tap off in a machine casting, I purchased name brand USA made drills and taps and had no problems whatsoever.

Homing in action video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmd63skpqUg