Hi all,
I have been given one of these:
http://www.delem.com/index.php?id=59&type=1

My evil plan for it (they are made for controling shears) is to use it for a plasma cutter to cut stright bits. I am currently making a plasma table for the shapes but we use a load of stright cuts and I would like to make a simple shere only use a plasms rather than a blade. From what I can work out the controler will let me set the back stop length and really thats all I need as it will be simple enough to hold the button and drag the torch accross the sheet by hand.

Now, the problem! I only have the front part (the bit with the buttons and screen) not the din rail mounted unit in the picture.

I will be fixing the torch to a liener rail/carrige and will set the back stop on a couple of rails with either a screw turned by a stepper or a linear actuator.

Anybody know what the best way to interface the controler with a motor is?
Would I need the dedicated box for the 350 or is there a generic product I could use?
I do not know if the box would contain a stepper driver and feedback sensor or wether it would need an input from a position sensor for backstop location.

Apart from power the only connections on the 350 are a 3 pin wire (marked P956) and a 9 pin d-sub connector.
When powered up the unit shows 'Error - No HSL - Press any key to continue'
but it looks to be working fine.

Is this likley to be worth setting up? Hopefully I would be able to program say 10 lengths of cut and just feed the sheet through to save manual adjustment of the backstop each time.
All advice welcomed! Thanks!