Hi All -

the ancient laptop with parallel port that I've been using to run my 6040 router recently died and I'm upgrading to a newer machine and a Ethernet SmoothStepper.
So far it's been easy-peasy and things are working well - I snipped my parallel cable and just running pin for pin out of the breakout board to plug straight into the
6040's parallel connection and all seems good.

The 25-pin board inside the 6040 is a 450JKB like this: https://www.omiocnc.com/accessories/...ace-board.html

I figured that 'while I was in there' I'd see if I could get the NowForever VFD set up to run remote from Mach3, and after a day of googling figured out that all I should need to do
is get an analog out signal into the VFD through it's Analog In. I've also figured out how to set the programming in the VFD front panel, and while it's tedious, it's pretty straightforward...

The 450JKB is stenciled with 'PWM Pin17', and there's an un-populated set of holes off to the side that look to be related to that (Gnd/Signal/VCC), so I figured that if I send a
PWM signal out of the smooth stepper I should get something like a 0-10V out of the 'signal' pin on the 6040, but I'm having no luck...

I'm wondering if anybody else has done this, and I'm goofing up, or if I need to actually buy a PWM-Voltage adapter.

I was running on the assumption that it would work because my board does not have the e-stop, limits, and probe pins populated and when I hooked some of those up they
worked so I was hoping that'd be the case here.

Does anybody know if that's the case, or am I just chasing my tail?

Thanks

Jamie