585,733 active members*
4,968 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Backing up Fanuc 210i SRAM

Hey guys,

So I'm IT for a door manufacturing facility and we are trying to get down the process to backup the fanuc controller as we just had a problem where we lost all settings.

Long story short, its windows 2000 OS, Komo CNC with a fanuc 210i controller.

We purchased a CompactFlash adapter with a 1 GB flash card. From what I seen just shut down the CNC program, hold the two far left buttons and power up the CNC program again? Nothing is happening, can you send me in the right direction please. Or let me know if more info is needed.

Much Appreciated!

Re: Backing up Fanuc 210i SRAM

I dont think the 210 will read off a 1GB I always use an SRAM card
    You have to change the dial on the back of the controller to make it go into bootloader I think as not done it for ages

Quote Originally Posted by sbehnke View Post
    Hey guys,

So I'm IT for a door manufacturing facility and we are trying to get down the process to backup the fanuc controller as we just had a problem where we lost all settings.

Long story short, its windows 2000 OS, Komo CNC with a fanuc 210i controller.

We purchased a CompactFlash adapter with a 1 GB flash card. From what I seen just shut down the CNC program, hold the two far left buttons and power up the CNC program again? Nothing is happening, can you send me in the right direction please. Or let me know if more info is needed.

Much Appreciated!

I was going by this lovely youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-YSPTfi3D8

So does the windows 2000 machine need to be powered down or just the CNC program, turn the rotary switch, then open CNC program?

Sorry like I said I'm just IT trying to get them a backup solution implemented

Thats for a 21i screen
    Turn machine off and turn the switch then power on

I assume that this is a 210iA control.
    Maintenance manual B-63085 section C (BOOT SYSTEM)
    Note : press the RIGHT two buttons.

Ok, understand pressing the two right buttons but when do I do so? Computer boots up to Windows 2000, then a CNC screen is what the operator uses. When am I to push the two buttons to get the boot menu?

Before windows boots? I tried that and it still booted into Windows then we get an error message when trying to open the CNC program that reads cnc_allclibhndl2 error(-1)

Sorry for my ignorance again I don't know much about the machine just trying to get to the system monitor main menu to get a SRAM backup.
    Last edited by sbehnke; 05-21-2018 at 06:47 PM.

Try this.

Right click on the Fanuc Open CNC icon in the system tray. Click open. Go to settings and boot option tab. Explanation on the right side of that window.

Then the next time that stand-alone CNC is started, if I remember a window will pop up with some boot/configuration options for the CNC. One of the tabs lets you make a backup of the SRAM. If you exit that, it will put you in a window that is more or less like what is described in the manual on a 21i control when the rightmost buttons are pressed. 0 to exit and finish booting up like normal.

The rotary switch mentioned accomplishes the same thing and might be easier/quicker, but this way you don't have to set the switch back.

Quote Originally Posted by PNaedele View Post
    Try this.

Right click on the Fanuc Open CNC icon in the system tray. Click open. Go to settings and boot option tab. Explanation on the right side of that window.

Then the next time that stand-alone CNC is started, if I remember a window will pop up with some boot/configuration options for the CNC. One of the tabs lets you make a backup of the SRAM. If you exit that, it will put you in a window that is more or less like what is described in the manual on a 21i control when the rightmost buttons are pressed. 0 to exit and finish booting up like normal.

The rotary switch mentioned accomplishes the same thing and might be easier/quicker, but this way you don't have to set the switch back.
    Let me also define a few terms.

The stand-alone CNC is technically what controls the entire machine. Should be in the main electrical enclosure and it controls all the input/output devices and servo/spindle drives. Whatever console that has windows 2000 and fanuc's software is basically a glorified operator's panel and just communicates with the CNC.

Quote Originally Posted by PNaedele View Post
    Let me also define a few terms.

The stand-alone CNC is technically what controls the entire machine. Should be in the main electrical enclosure and it controls all the input/output devices and servo/spindle drives. Whatever console that has windows 2000 and fanuc's software is basically a glorified operator's panel and just communicates with the CNC.
    Appreciate that, I'll give that a try when they're not running.

Hello, did you solve the problem? I want to back up on control 210is . But I also can't cope with running the boot menu