584,826 active members*
5,091 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Controller & Computer Solutions > Heidenhain TNC 415B on Kasuga mill lost parameters no disc.

Heidenhain TNC 415B on Kasuga mill lost parameters no disc.

Hi All,
    My problem is I have a Kusaga cnc mill in storage it has a Heidenhain 415B controller, no tool changer. The batteries went bad and now on power up the cart shows a different language which states parameters in the text. The machine powers up fine but wont move.

The batteries have been replaced and the holder replaced. That side is all good now.

Can any one help with how I should go about reinstalling the parameters. I have no disc or papers for the machine. I only have the Heidenhain TNC 415B control manual.

My email is [email protected] (Melbourne Australia)

Re: Heidenhain TNC 415B on Kasuga mill lost parameters no disc.

Guys an update, I managed to find the exact same machine, and now have a copy of the MP and PLC parameters in what seems to be three format types, txt and binary?

Not sure how to install them into the machine. The machine has always had a serial lead that can connect to TNCremo on the PC.

Any advice would be good.

UPDATE: Fixed!!!!

Hi All, Just a quick update. Machine is now reloaded with new parameters and PLC files from another identical machine which I was lucky enough to locate and the owner had saved all the needed files onto a USB for me. I have now done the same and stored the USB stick along with a hard copy of the printed install instructions in the machine cabinet.

A big thank you to CNC zone, member Farzin for talking me through the process which included switching out to a VGA monitor as the original CRT decided to go black on me mid process.

I also had to get to the ball screws lubed and carefully clean and lube all the slides and ways. Battery was replaced with my own D size alkaline pack and an extension lead so I can replace easily. The original 3 x AA cell pencil pack was badly corroded so I just cut it out and wired in a hard pack, 3 x D batteries.

Machine is running well. I may take a look at fixing the original CRT but for now the external VGA monitor will do.

thanks again Farzin, you're the man!