584,866 active members*
4,936 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Way to get Incremental G91 positioning?

I need to have my gcode for a part output in G91 incremental. Is there an easy way to do this for a large part (ie; too large to do by hand)?

Is there something I can edit in the GPP file? Please help steer me in the right direction!

Re: Way to get Incremental G91 positioning?

I haven't needed to do it, but I think it's a checkbox when you first create the part.

Hi O-MX45VAE,

This is Darrin at SolidCAM USA.

In order to assist you, please use the “Send To” to capture your project and attach it to a post support ticket. The easiest and fastest way to resolve post issues is to have you send us your project file using the "Send To" feature inside SolidCAM. After creating the ZIP file created by using the "Send To" feature, you can attach it to a support ticket. Paste this URL into your browser to submit a ticket. SolidCAM - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Darrin Bryant
    SolidCAM USA

Paste this into your browser... SolidCAM - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software

Hi O-MX45VAE,

In order to assist you, please use the “Send To” to capture your project and attach it to a post support ticket. The easiest and fastest way to resolve post issues is to have you send us your project file using the "Send To" feature inside SolidCAM. After creating the ZIP file created by using the "Send To" feature, you can attach it to a support ticket. Paste this URL into your browser to submit a ticket. SolidCAM - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software

Darrin Bryant
    SolidCAM USA

Paste this into your browser... SolidCAM - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software

- - - Updated - - -

Hi O-MX45VAE,

In order to assist you, please use the “Send To” to capture your project and attach it to a post support ticket. The easiest and fastest way to resolve post issues is to have you send us your project file using the "Send To" feature inside SolidCAM. After creating the ZIP file created by using the "Send To" feature, you can attach it to a support ticket. Paste this URL into your browser to submit a ticket. http://www.solidcamsupport.com/

Darrin Bryant
    SolidCAM USA

Paste this into your browser... http://www.solidcamsupport.com/

Quote Originally Posted by O-MX45VAE View Post
    I need to have my gcode for a part output in G91 incremental. Is there an easy way to do this for a large part (ie; too large to do by hand)?

Is there something I can edit in the GPP file? Please help steer me in the right direction!
    Why would you want to use a G91 this could end up being a disaster, if not used correctly , any good cam software have eliminated any simple, way to turn G91 On / Off, with check boxes
    Mactec54

Spoke directly to Solidcam support in the past about this. They informed me it's not possible.