585,996 active members*
4,544 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Syil Products > Super X3 from Syil America

Super X3 from Syil America

I am interested in the the good stories and the nightmares on the machine. I already ordered one. But it will not be here till the end of May. From what I've found out it meets most of my needs. I would like to hear form some owners to see how it stacks up. I have been a CNC machinist for 14 yrs. and have run a multiude of machines and controlers, so I am not fooling my self. I would like to know about repeatiably and perfomance.

I can not comment about the syil conversion, but the x3 is a good machine, its not a VMC by any stretch but for home work it will do quite well. The owners on the syil forum will be of more help, the only major thing I have heard of is the motor drive boards going out, and thats from sieg not syil so....
    chris

Our team right now just on the flight to back USA.we made a lot of improvements of our products range.and Ues more QC program in future products.
    regards shipment,we just have one container in the sea around 27pcs machines.have some lathe will be arrive soonly..but i think it is have been sold.so that is why richard infrom your machine will be arrive in end of may for another shipment.
    anyway.thanks for you become our customers.

Xushuo
    Syil.com
    Direction,Commitment,Follow through

Syil Super X3

First, I have a small machine shop with manual Bridgeport, 13 x 40 lathe, surface grinder plus other grinders, welders, etc. However I just recently purchased a new Super X3 and I must tell you that the learning curve of CNC is pretty steep but interesting.
    Basically, the X3 is a pretty good piece of equipment. However I still have a couple of items that are causing problems. First, the panic button doesn't work for some reason. It's not the button as the contacts are doing what they are supposed to do. This is a very important item especially when you see that the cutter is going to crash into the vise etc.
    Secondly, the motor doesn't always start when it is supposed to. The result of this is if you have a small end mill in the machine and it feeds down into the work piece, then starts to move either x or y, that is the end of the tool. I have broken several so far. The motor is getting the start command and buzzes but doesn't turn, if I manually rotate the spindle a few degrees it will run.
    Thirdly, I wouldn't recommend using a laptop to run the machine. There are older desktop machines available used that will do as good or better. I purcahsed a used laptop for the purpose but am now using an old desktop that someone gave me.
    When Richard gets back from China, I'm sure he will be able to address my problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Megawatts View Post
    First, I have a small machine shop with manual Bridgeport, 13 x 40 lathe, surface grinder plus other grinders, welders, etc. However I just recently purchased a new Super X3 and I must tell you that the learning curve of CNC is pretty steep but interesting.
    Basically, the X3 is a pretty good piece of equipment. However I still have a couple of items that are causing problems. First, the panic button doesn't work for some reason. It's not the button as the contacts are doing what they are supposed to do. This is a very important item especially when you see that the cutter is going to crash into the vise etc.
    Secondly, the motor doesn't always start when it is supposed to. The result of this is if you have a small end mill in the machine and it feeds down into the work piece, then starts to move either x or y, that is the end of the tool. I have broken several so far. The motor is getting the start command and buzzes but doesn't turn, if I manually rotate the spindle a few degrees it will run.
    Thirdly, I wouldn't recommend using a laptop to run the machine. There are older desktop machines available used that will do as good or better. I purcahsed a used laptop for the purpose but am now using an old desktop that someone gave me.
    When Richard gets back from China, I'm sure he will be able to address my problems.
    if u can, take the motor apart. it sounds like its the bushings or bearings being dried out. see if you can oil them or just replace the bushings/bearing alltogether.