584,871 active members*
5,191 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > K40 cooling in hot garage advice. (Dew point, optimal operating temps etc)

K40 cooling in hot garage advice. (Dew point, optimal operating temps etc)

I’ve read horror stories of cooling a laser below dew point and causing major issues with condensation. I’ve also read about running a laser too hot and shortening the tube’s life.

Right now I'm just a little overwhelmed with how I can keep temps consistent in a garage where the temp can range from 70 to 100 during the summer. (100s next week). I'm located in Texas if you're wondering.

I was planning on using a couple of ice chests or something and pumping some distilled water through copper tubing submerged in water with frozen jugs. Would that work or would that give me temps that are too cold? Another option is keeping the distilled water inside and using room temp distilled water, but that may heat up too fast. As you can tell I'm pretty lost.

I need some methods to keep temps stable while I learn to use my laser cutter. Then if things get more serious I'll invest more money into it.

For those of you who keep your lasers in your hot garage how do you manage? Any advice really appreciated!

Re: K40 cooling in hot garage advice. (Dew point, optimal operating temps etc)

hi
    you need a CW4000 chiller or you will fry your tube
    NOT a CW3000 they only cool to room temp

Dave

Re: K40 cooling in hot garage advice. (Dew point, optimal operating temps etc)

I just drop in bags of blue ice as im going. A thermometer is required so you can monitor the water temp.
    A chiller would be nice, but costs more than my laser.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk