584,841 active members*
4,608 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Opensource Gecko G540 Controller

I hope this is the correct sub forum to share this post. If not feel free to move it to the correct location.

Tittle covers it for the most part. USB Gecko G540 controller capable of running grbl or estlcam. I have posted all required files and additional details on my Github page. Please check it out.
    Github Page is HERE

Keeping with a 99% through hole board, I am hoping more people will be able to undertake this project. The single smd chip can be done with a one component stencil / solder paste and a hot air gun. The board is plug and play with the G540 and can also be used with any driver package that uses the same pinout as Gecko. With the use of a idc26 screw terminal board the pinout can be changed to match your requirements. If you find I left out a critical detail in my documentation please let me know on Github. Also make sure to post up and share your boards if you build one .

Re: Opensource Gecko G540 Controller

What is this used for ? To be used to control laser with G540 ?

@asuratman

This is a USB cnc controller that can be used to control any number of machines driven by a Gecko G540 or similar. Mills, Routers, Lasers Ect. The controller can run the latest release of GRBL V1.1 or Estlcam. With some pin remapping it would probably run the Teacup firmware for 3d printers as well ( I might have to give that a try sometime ).

( I might have to give that a try sometime ).
    :cheers:

509Maker,

All of my Gumbadi's will be happy to have a inexpensive solution to the G540. If it's ok with you, I will share your work with everyone that does not want to be robbed.
    Live from downtown Burbank, home of the endless Cup-O-Joe
    JoeyB
    A doughnut a day keeps the doctor away.